Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghosts want to KILL my kids

Options
  • 27-08-2007 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

From todays Irish Daily Mirror - click thumbnail to view hi-res:

Mirror070807tn.jpg

ok so here are some options:

1: She is genuine.

2: She is making it up to get re-homed

3: She is imagining it or suffers from some sort of mental disorder probably brought on by stress or the loss of her husband.

Personally I would think (having read the article) that she is genuine but that the language being used regarding the situation is making it worse. In situations like this what is going on has as much to do with the people there as it does about the house or its location.

There is fcuk all point in a medium coming in everyday to clear the house if they are using language that will scare people and not actually working on making people more relaxed and centred.

So what should the council be expected to do? Re-house? ... then what? If this house is built on laylines and there is a "vortex" which is a gateway to let ghosts in all the time should the house be knocked down or left vacant?

I live very close to this and just like this house I am at the foot of the mountains with a view of the HellFire Club. There are hundreds of houses around this one and I'm sure some of them would tick the boxes that this medium has mentioned ... why are all of them not in danger? I'll tell you why, its because, like I said, its more about the people than the house. Treat the family not the building.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I'd love to see this DVD she sent to the council.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Sounds like whoever the medium is has a lot of influence on her all right.

They have to clear they place out every day? What's the point then?

I know this is an article written by a newspaper so I wont judge the medium too hard based on this .... still I'm sure there is more that can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

About a year ago she rang up a late night radio phone show and again recently telling her story, One of the hosts visited the house live on the radio and claimed to have felt a presence and seen things.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Sounds fairly dodgy, in fairness. She's put up with this for 6 years? Come on, if it was really happening, you'd get the hell out of there. She wants a new home, simple as that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Why is she contacting Dublin City Council if she lives in Tallaght?

This is the Mirror, a load of old cobblers. Shaky reporting, shoddy research.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/history/making_history/makhist10_prog10d.shtml

The Hellfire Club. Not built on a cemetary that I can assertain, not a "home to satanists" either (though some dabbling in dark arts is alleged).

IMHO, she wants a new house.

On a tangent, 6th, where do you live that has a view of the Hellfire Club? I haven't been able to see it from Tallaght for years since the trees outgrew it. I quite miss it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Lookin for a house IMO

There was a case in Belfast a few years back where a family were rehomed from a haunted house.

See I know this stuff goes on so I tend to think that its genuine but the language used is blowing it out of proportion. No doubt the family is suffering (imo) but it will take a lot more media attention to get this woman moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Get your ass over there 6th, we might get to do somthing there without having to go to the back end of the country for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

Just my opinion.......but I don't believe her. If there is this activity I think she likes it and is welcoming or causing it.

• Advertisement

I very much doubt a mother living with her 3 children would welcome this type of activity. Of course looking at peoples ideas about poltergeist activity (mine included) its possible that they are the cause but unaware of it.

That said I have visited 2 homes in that area with similar, though not as extreme, activity. Both homes are now fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Interesting article, does she get a mention in any of the other (broadsheet) papers. The references to the Hellfire Club are inaccurate, although from what I remember the nearest graveyards are a good bit away, can't remember the name of them for the life of me.

The fire is the most worrying thing, I'd be curious to hear what the fire brigade blamed it on,

To be honest I feel sorry for the family in question as she has now drawn a lot of attention to the house, and is going to get a lot people wanting to call in and see the house not to mention a lot of pi$$heads in the area falling out of the pub and going up to see if there's anything going on. (maybe that'll scare away any entities there!!).

The nearest graveyeard isn't that far at all, infact its quite close. I dont know how much influence that would have on the situation anyway.

I dont blame her for going to the media though because she wont get anywhere without them. Too many people are experiencing stuff like this and saying nothing because of the attion they will get.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I'd sh!t myself if i saw a ghost arsing around the house but the strange thing is i'd love to see one but I'd have to be with 20 people or so.

I saw her being interviewed on Ireland AM this morning (as I was slurping my as-usual-very-late-for-work-but-I-don't-care coffee). I still have this little nagging voice in my head (spiritual of course ;)) that there is something she isn't sharing........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Aisling&M wrote:
    I saw her being interviewed on Ireland AM this morning (as I was slurping my as-usual-very-late-for-work-but-I-don't-care coffee). I still have this little nagging voice in my head (spiritual of course ;)) that there is something she isn't sharing........
    Saw it myself, shes says that her house lie's on laylines that run though the hellfire club.
    I think shes a bit out there herself, i think she could be manafesting her emotions over the loss of her husband without knowing it.

Whatever the cause she seems genuinely distressed and unable to cope. I've no doubts she's been fed information that is just someones opinion and she is taking it as fact - alot of people would in her situation. I've nothing but sympathy for her and her family.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

6th wrote:
    The nearest graveyeard isn't that far at all, infact its quite close. I dont know how much influence that would have on the situation anyway.

Sorry, it's about sixteen years since I've lived in Tallaght.

I'd agree with you on this Sixth, perhap's she should get a different medium to visit for a while instead of the current medium who is calling to the house every day. I can't help thinking that this is great PR for the medium in question- just my opinion though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Poltergoose

Where was this?? will have to leg to the shops and get this, was it todays paper? where is the house? anybody want to go and see will she let us check it out??? Would be better than an old castle with old stories, proper active spirits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Poltergoose

though the fact she mentions lay-lines could mean she has watched just a little bit too much Most Haunted

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Forgot to mention she was interviewed on the lunch time show on newstalk yesterday. Apparantly they were going to send a reporter to spend the night and she was going to report back today but I didn't get a chance to listen, anybody hear how she got on ?

Didnt hear about it but am poking around ... as I do. I know this woman has put herself out there with regards to media attention but I dont know how ethical it would be to turn up at her door - not my style.

Anyway its only down the road from my house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Carrigart Exile

Plug wrote:
    I'd sh!t myself if i saw a ghost arsing around the house but the strange thing is i'd love to see one but I'd have to be with 20 people or so.

and armed with a shotgun, then and only then would I feel safe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

gillo wrote:
    Sorry, it's about sixteen years since I've lived in Tallaght.

I'd agree with you on this Sixth, perhap's she should get a different medium to visit for a while instead of the current medium who is calling to the house every day. I can't help thinking that this is great PR for the medium in question- just my opinion though.
    Sandra Ramdhanie offered to help out and she ignored the offer. So maybe there is more to it than meets the eye.

Well she has been working with another medium and there's no reason why she should except help from everyone that offers it - I bet she's getting alot of calls etc from absolute nutjobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭h8red

It says at the very start of the article that it's a Poltergeist:

Poltergeist activity tends to occur around a single person called an agent or a focus. Foci are often, but not limited to, pubescent children. Almost seventy years of research by the Rhine Research Center in Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina, has led to the hypothesis among parapsychologists that the "poltergeist effect" is a form of psychokinesis generated by a living human mind (that of the agent). According to researchers at the Rhine Center, the "poltergeist effect" is the outward manifestation of psychological trauma.

I'd say the medium in question is a bit of a chancer. If it's a Poltergeist it has nothing to do with "laylines". If it's one of the kids then the fun is gonna follow wherever they move. (That's if you believe in all this sort of thing.) :D

well........if she's been using the same medium and the problem is not going away, a logical assumption would be to try another - no?
    That is of course dependent on if she wants the problem to go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

But if the problem goes away she won't be re-housed surely.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

What a load of b*ll*cks. She wants to be re-housed, simple as; and even if this ridiculous plan of hers doesn't work, I'm sure she got a few coppers for going to the papers anyway. How anyone can entertain this tripe is beyond me.

• Advertisement

No need to be so harsh nummnutts, the idea that this is possible is very real to many people who use this forum.

Advertisement