Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How long should a Provisional Test take

Options
  • 27-08-2007 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

First time posting here! :D

I have an exam test this Friday for my provisional. Its scheduled for 10:15 in Unit 2 Belmont Hall. Does anyone know how long this exam will take and if it will kick off at exactly 10:15? Reason being that I don't want to be out of work for too long and I presume I have to turn my phone off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

Hi All,

First time posting here! :D

I have an exam test this Friday for my provisional. Its scheduled for 10:15 in Unit 2 Belmont Hall. Does anyone know how long this exam will take and if it will kick off at exactly 10:15? Reason being that I don't want to be out of work for too long and I presume I have to turn my phone off.
    45 mins for 40 questions

http://www.dtts.ie/eng/faq2.htm#15

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

max 45 mins, but I was out in 10 ;)

(took 3 hours previous of me going back and forth between there and work cause their computers were down, cause I refused to take a new test date, but thats another story...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

It does start on time (usually!) and if you're familiar enough with the questions you'll be in and out well before the 45 minutes. I took about 10 mins to do mine second time round, though my questions were insanely easy that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Eh wow.. 10min? I don't think I'm that good. Well at home it takes me about 30min with the voice reading the questions to me. So if it takes me 20min without the dude reading to me , I'll be happy.

Exam is at 10:30 , right when my stomach starts or rumble for food :D

Ill have to ring up the test centre to confirm my exam time as I booked it for 10:15 when the email says 10:30, or is this all normal?

124 Parnell Street.. Surely cant be hard to find right? Some sort of Dublin Theory Test centre sign up on the building maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

124 Parnell Street.. Surely cant be hard to find right? Some sort of Dublin Theory Test centre sign up on the building maybe?

It's on the Summerhill end of Parnell Street (not the ILAC centre end), on the left hand side of the road as you head from Parnell Square. There is indeed a sign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

If you turn up early they might squeeze you in. My other half arrived 30 minutes early ;) and she was let start straight away. She said her's only took 10 minutes too. It's a computerised multiple choice thing, so you'll pi55 through it if you've studied it beforehand.

Well I legged it out of work saying I'll be back in a few minutes. Got to the center 20min early and they let me in. It only took about 15min. I got stuck on one question because I didn't understand what it meant. Neither did the assistant who was walking around. He said he never seen it before :confused:

Well , I passed :) Thanks for the help folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

What was the question BlackWizard? I've the Rules of the Road here in front of me which I only got yesterday through the letterbox so I'll see can I answer it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I dont see how you could be in there for the full 45 minutes. I was in there 25 and had tripled checked every question I answered.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

If ya studied it should be no bother i had mine last friday went in stuck to my instinct was out 15mins later 39/40 :D

• Advertisement

Sorry for the late reply.

Recalling the exact question as it was worded is hard. But I think this is it.

From which side should you enter a roundabout from?
    a) Right
    b) Left
    c) Right or Left
    d) Right, only when there are traffic lights.

What really threw me was "From which side". I answered B. I got it right since I only got one question wrong. It was the picture of a junction with two lanes crossing. All are of what seem to be equal importance. "Who has right of way" or something like that. I said the guy on my right, but I think I remember him having a solid white line drawn before the junction. In that case I have right of way, despite the sign saying the roads are of all equal importance :confused: Terrible images really.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Sorry for the late reply.

Recalling the exact question as it was worded is hard. But I think this is it.

From which side should you enter a roundabout from?
    a) Right
    b) Left
    c) Right or Left
    d) Right, only when there are traffic lights.

What really threw me was "From which side". I answered B. I got it right
    The question sounds a bit confusing but what they are looking for is that you know to enter the roundabout in an clockwise direction. You will usually see a "Keep Left" sign as you enter a roundabout.

Advertisement