Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Eircom

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Praetor

Actually mid bad process contemplates speeds down to 160 kbps (160/384/512 kbps non RA)

For slow connections the principle is quite simple

If you have Eircom's IPSWIFT package (3072/384 24:1 RA) when your line is in sync at that speed doesnt mean you are guaranteed to get those full 3 mb, even on a 1:1 contentiojn ratio. Downstream and upstream are related, 8:1, if your upstream speed is affected by noise, high attenuation levels or whatever, your download speeds will be affected too and likewise, is a TCP/IP basic principle.

That is why there are so many intermittent connections/timeouts when using P2P software such as bittorrent.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Yes, I mean to say "connection", for customers paying for the DSL service off eircom or bitstream reseller.

I didn't even read the business quality of service in that particular post, as I was explaining the point of the "regurgitation" and the angry emoticon.

Anyway, that is an IP download test, which is different to raw DSL connection speeds. I'm *nearly* certain that the minimum speeds that I remember are based on DSL, not IP. My memory about the minimum connection speeds is based on a post by Sponge Bob a while ago.

I think you can read for yourself, but yes they are indeed the same figures on said regurgitated page.

The danger in your mispost about Eircom's obligations is that you will have innocents believing that Eircom are obliged to provide a line capable of a minimum quality for broadband which of course they are not.

My original point was that there was no point in the regurgitation post absolutely none at all. And you have borne this out with your figures.

Advertisement