Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfered money to CC by accident!

Options
  • 27-08-2007 10:53am

Goddam Bank of Irelands crappy confusing website. I was in a rush on Friday night and I transfered some money from my savings account online to my current account. When I withdrew cash that night my current account showed a large negative balance.

When I checked it today I realised I accidentlly transfered the the money into the credit card account which had a healthy posivte balance anyway.

What are my options? I can't transfer the money out of the credit card account and I don't particularly want to spend the money on it anytime soon.
    Do they still charge you for withdrawing money from an ATM when the CC has a positive balance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You'll need to contact BOI. They might (but they're under no obligation to do so, as it was your error) return the payment to you if they accept it was genuine error.

As for your other question:
    Q. Is there a charge for withdrawing cash?

A. If your account has a credit or zero balance after the transaction is processed there is NO charge. If your account has a debit balance there is a transaction charge of 1.5% (minimum €2.54) per transaction. All transactions will reduce a credit balance on your account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Yeah ring them up, it happened me a few weeks ago and they put the money back into my account.

I think I rang the customer care number on the back of the card and they gave me the correct number to ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

The money transfer page on their website really is ****e.

And the 'Delete Beneficiary' button is so much more visible than the make payment one.

Just pure crap.

I remember when they 'upgraded' 365online I responded to a questionnaire on their proposals. All my observations were ignored :( The issues with the money transfer procedure was my number 1 observation.

Advertisement