Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending SMS via the web

Options
  • 27-08-2007 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,
    I'm looking to try and automate an SMS service on one of my sites. is there any free service that you could link with a php script or a POST/GET form or something? I've had a look around I was just wondering if someone knew of a service they use.
    Thanks
    Gary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

It's not free but have you looked at www.clickatel.com yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You won't get 100% free unless you're dealing in really small volumes ie. the free ones you'd get with most of the providers ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Go2mobile do it as well; as above, though, it ain't free (think it's €80 per 1,000 texts)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Reliable and free don't co-exist. If you want free, you can use the various perl scripts to connect to o2/vodafone sites to send free texts. Users of that facility (the sites, not the script) will know that it's not always very reliable (o2, for example, is often down, or takes hours to deliver). So if it's not urgent, you could use that free way.

For paid / more reliable service, I second Clickatel. G a d d o.net always worked for me as well, just less features for slightly more cost.

(dunno why g a d d o is censored!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭randombar

Ya started the clickatel.net there, very nice service all right and cheap enough. For future reference what kind of perl scripts are involved in using the o2 or vodafone sites?

• Advertisement
Advertisement