Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland in Wicklow Times

Options
  • 27-08-2007 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

There is a Greystones column in the Wicklow times. gwen mcaniff that writes it is a strong fine gael supporter and supports any thing fine gael support. sems like fine gael run greystones. i was very angry reading her rubbish this week about greystones marina. was anyone else? she says that it was very interesting that most of the opossition to the marina came from the newer greystones residents of charlesland and that the people for if were the people who had lived in greystones for generations. this is just lies and wicklow times are disgusting to print this.

this is is what fine gael especially derek mitchell has been saying, that pepole in charlesland do not have the right to have an opinion about any thing that goes on in greystones. i am very repulsed by this attitude. no more fine gael anti charlesland mcaniff for me thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Ossie

Grovey wrote:
    There is a Greystones column in the Wicklow times. gwen mcaniff that writes it is a strong fine gael supporter and supports any thing fine gael support. sems like fine gael run greystones. i was very angry reading her rubbish this week about greystones marina. was anyone else? she says that it was very interesting that most of the opossition to the marina came from the newer greystones residents of charlesland and that the people for if were the people who had lived in greystones for generations. this is just lies and wicklow times are disgusting to print this.

this is is what fine gael especially derek mitchell has been saying, that pepole in charlesland do not have the right to have an opinion about any thing that goes on in greystones. i am very repulsed by this attitude. no more fine gael anti charlesland mcaniff for me thank you.

Gwen McNiff is a mere Fine Gael propaganda tool and her pal George probably wrote this objectionable article for her.

She claims that "when the apartments and houses go on sale some of the people against the development will be rushing to buy". Anyone who knows anything about this development is aware that this will not be so.

1. It is to be built in a flood prone area and that the houses and apartments will at some time be innundated by the sea and will be uninsurable. (Hello! - climate change - rising sea levels - increases in the frequency and intensity of extreme storm events)

2. It is to be built on the old town dump. (rats, landfill gases, smells etc)

3. The people of Greystones dont want it! (10,000 objections to Bord Pleanala)

4. The oversized "public square" will be a 'den of iniquity' where anti social behaviour is the norm.

Anyone in their right sences would avoid this development like the plague.

So if you want to squander your money go ahead and buy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 cheers

Grovey wrote:

Of course people from charlsland have a right to oppose the harbour ,alot of these people are from greystones and anyone who uses the harbour and enjoys it no matter where they are from had a right to oppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Joliegood

cheers wrote:
    Of course people from charlsland have a right to oppose the harbour ,alot of these people are from greystones and anyone who uses the harbour and enjoys it no matter where they are from had a right to oppose.

Fully agree. The permission for the development has serious implications on a national level. There was some criticism that objections were coming from people outside of the locality, that's rubbish. I think it's now a green card for developers to do the same all over the coast. BTW, there is now a proposed ban on shore angling from Booterstown to Shankill. Although I don't fish there I will be sending in an objection the council. I would urge others to do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Grovey

Joliegood wrote:
    cheers wrote:

Fully agree. The permission for the development has serious implications on a national level. There was some criticism that objections were coming from people outside of the locality, that's rubbish. I think it's now a green card for developers to do the same all over the coast. BTW, there is now a proposed ban on shore angling from Booterstown to Shankill. Although I don't fish there I will be sending in an objection the council. I would urge others to do the same.

we should oppose the gombeens from fine gael and fiana fail who agreed to this the next time the elections are on. i saw an add in the wicklow times rag saying that the beach is going to be taken over soon by compulsary purchase and rights of way will be given to the developer. is it too late to do anything about this :confused:

Advertisement