Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chilli Plant problem

Options
  • 27-08-2007 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me whats wrong with the Chilli plant..... Maybe overwater???

Anyhow I have grown several different Chillies this year ...

Tobago
    Trinidad Chilli tree
    Siciliano
    Little elf
    etc etc......

and then these seed which were given as a freebee but were a mixed bag of seeds.... SO I grew them and they have all seem to have gone the same way ???

I have had them in the green house/ Out side/ Water /no water Fed /not fed still they have got great Chillie's but the leaves have gone ....

Also any idea what the chilli is (Im thinking Jalapeno)

any advce appreciated

Here a few pics of the good and the bad

regards

Garyh3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

may be i m wrong but chilli plant need lots of sunshine and not really that much water.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Hi wasim21k

Not really, it depens on the Chilli. The Tobago Chilli is actually in my utility room as it was doing really bad in the Greenhouse. I have now put iut in part shade and lots of water and it doing very well.

The trinidad tree's are outside on the patio and are also doing well. The rest are in the greenhouse but it does get very warm and so I do take them out on good days...

But the Unknown I have tried everything and the all go the same way !!!

regards
    Garyh3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Tomato plants curl up like that if you water them at the wrong time of the day. They need water in the evening when the temperature drops, and you have to keep the water off the leaves also.

Advertisement