Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About to buy a video-editing PC - advice needed

Options
  • 27-08-2007 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

I want a PC for editing and recording home movies. I will buy it off Dell or Komplettt.

I have a budget of €1500 (max) for the PC and all peripherals and could do with some advice regarding what components are important and what sort of spec I should be aiming for.

Do I need a good graphics card etc, what kind of monitor should I be looking at, is Vista the way to go etc?

Regarding the Dell price - I have a 10% discount so I can afford to buy a little more off them

Any advice or builds people can offer would be a great help.

Many thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Id say go with komplett and go for a q6600 for 260 euro.For a graphics card, will you be using it for gaming .2 gb of pc6400 will be fine.Ye Id opt for vista now even though I cant get it up and running on my system(still need to flash my bios)Im sure a 19 monitor would do perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I won't be playing games on it really. A widescreen monitor? Would Komplett be better value?

Ye komplett would be better by a fair bit even if you have them put it together for you. For a graphics card youd probably be fine with an 8600. However Id strongly recommend the cheapest 8800 you can find as it represents far better value for money. Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Take a loook at this:
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/shoplist.aspx?mode=receive&si=498345&su=8C0AE60F-1199-44B8-B77C-E13065E143E3
    Video editing is one of the few uses that benifits from quad core and 4Gb of memory. No case selected - it's a matter of personal taste i think.

Id second that.Probably could find an even cheaper 8800.

• Advertisement
Advertisement