Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plasma Sport

• 27-08-2007 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hello,

I have just purchased a Panasonic 42PV70 Plasma TV.
    The picture is great for all things except sport.

I was watching the Dublin match at the weekend and the close up pictures are ok but as soon as the picture Pans out it becomes very poor and unclear.

I am using a Chorus Digital box, not sure if this is a issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Doug

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Errm, wrong forum buddy. Try one of the home entertainment forums http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=863

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

How did this end up in
    boards.ie > Sys > Forums
    ?
    Is a new forum requested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from Forums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

don99 wrote:
    Hello,

I have just purchased a Panasonic 42PV70 Plasma TV.
    The picture is great for all things except sport.

I was watching the Dublin match at the weekend and the close up pictures are ok but as soon as the picture Pans out it becomes very poor and unclear.

I am using a Chorus Digital box, not sure if this is a issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Doug

check your leads to chorus box and between box and tv.

I have the PV71 (PV70 EU model), fine for sport etc, using NTL digital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

the picture should be great on sport.

can you set the chorus box to output RGB over scart?? that might improve things.... mess around with the picture settings on tv as well.

moe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

I've got the same TV & the picture is fantastic for Sport. I too have noticed that the quality is very poor when watching GAA on RTE. This is only the case when watching GAA though, all other sport is fine. Not sure whether it is a problem with the camera's RTE use when recording GAA or if it is a problem with the broadcast quality.

Also using NTL digital by the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Chorus use a lower bit rate on their channels then say Sky, thats so they can cram as much in on the frequencies they have, thus causing less definition in the picture. Whats it like on Soccer?

Snake ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

I can confirm that it's pants on soccer ... hopefully sky HD will become accessable to the average punter pretty soon.

The picture is too fuzzy and the colours, no matter how much I play around with the settings don't even come close to the natural looking colours of a regular CRTv.

I still have my old crt tv in the sitting room and people that have come in to see my TV and watch the Man U v Chelsea game have asked to see the difference between the 2 of them ... which I've run simultaniously and it doesnt the plasma any favours whatsoever.

Very disappointing on SD signals.

Advertisement