Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smithfield

Options
  • 27-08-2007 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all,
    I'm starting a course in Cathal Brugha Street now in a few weeks and was thinking about moving from where i live now (James St) to Smithfield. I'm not very aware of this area or the northside and was wondering if any of you lovely people could help me, by:
    1) Is Smithfield a nice area?
    2) Is it far away from the college?
    3) where would be my best place to stay going to cathal brugha st?

regards to all,
    Missy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

1. Nice enough. A few scumbags around though as with everywhere in the inner city
    2. About a 15-20 minute walk. The college is right next to O'Connell St
    3. Anywhere near O'Connell Street, in particular down by the Ilac would be fairly handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭qwertyphobia

theres lots of apartments around the smithfield area but you could also look at phibsboro or places around the Mater as a bit cheaper and a easy walking distance

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

thedee wrote:
    Hi all,
    I'm starting a course in Cathal Brugha Street now in a few weeks and was thinking about moving from where i live now (James St) to Smithfield.

Why would you move? James' street is what, ten mins walk from Smithfield? If you're happy where you are I wouldn't bother moving, just get a bike and cycle to college.

I wouldn't really like Smithfield myself, it's incredibly over priced, considering it's surrounded by dodgy areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭marktsang

used to live in smith field village - was incredibly noisy and lots of undesirables hanging around - lots of teens in the square everynight......

on the plus its very central

mark

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

And remember the horse fair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭marktsang

jesus dont get me started on the horse fair......... dont leave the flat on that morning... shops are closed and undesireables and horse****e everywhere

Advertisement