Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

summons - shoplifting

• 27-08-2007 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

i have been accused of shoplifting although it was a genuine genuine mistake. i had stuck a mascara in my pocket while carrying other clothes items to pay for at the till. the reason why i stuck it there was i had other bags etc so was afraid i would drop it. while queuing a lady behind me asked me a question and i was trying to help her so when i went to pay i forgot about it and just paid for other items. i walked out the door and was jumped on and brought back in.

i have never ever robbed anything, and am responsible professional working parent. i am in early stages of pregnancy and v tired and suffering from morning sickness so although no excuse i just didnt realise the implication of carrying the item in my pocket to the till.. i went into complete shock then and could hardly talk except to repeatedly say sorry and say it was a genuine accident.

however the garda were called, and i was told i would receive a summons.

i am completely up the walls about this. is there anything i can do to sort this out rather than appearing at court ? i fully accept it was a stupid thing to do to put the mascara in my pocket but of course i had meant to pay for it so at the time i was more concerned about dropping it and having to queue again.

also what is the delivering procedure for this type of summons ?
    is it in person or by post ?
    should i go to a solicitor about this?

also who appears in court on the day in question? is it garda, and store security ? what happens on the day ? what are the consequences - fine, conviction ?

if anyone could advise me id really appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Legal advice cannot be given or requested on this forum. Contact a solicitor asap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement