Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Devilman

Options
  • 27-08-2007 3:35pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone hear ever seen devilman?if you have'nt i'd highly recommend it,its violent enough though be warned :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Years ago we had it recorded on Video when they were showing anime on S4C/Channel 6. But it didnt record all of it so i was left not watching the full thing. It was good i have to say, i think their is a CGI type re-make of Devilman somewhere as i remember seeing some screenshots with "Devilman" underneath them. There is also another anime series called "Devilman Lady"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah... it wasn't too bad... Limited animation by todays standards though.

The second episode was a lot better than the first... although the story was never really finished at the end of it, was it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ya i have devil lady as well got it the other wk,have'nt had a chance to watch it yet though.

I thought the first episode of devilman was a lot better than the second.I THOUGHT the animation was good.I Prefer the old school animation,not this new age cgi crap :rolleyes: but sure each to there own I guess,and your right the ending was kinda crap,it was'nt a satisfying ending in terms of endings.Im kinda hoping they'll make another one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I don't mean to compare it to CGI. It's just that modern day animes have much larger budgets which allow for more detailed and fluid animation.

It's a long time since I've seen Devilman though... but I remember enjoying the battle against the big bird lady a lot.

There was a series in the 70s that adapted the full story from the Manga, but they apparently changed it a lot to make it suitable for broadcast. The two OVAs that we're discussing here are supposed to be a lot closer to the source material.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It's a long time since I've seen Devilman though... but I remember enjoying the battle against the big bird lady a lot.[/QUOTE}
    That was a cool battle alright :).
    There was a series in the 70s that adapted the full story from the Manga, but they apparently changed it a lot to make it suitable for broadcast.

Too violent was it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement