Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless Question

• 27-08-2007 4:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭

Basically at the moment we have eircom wireless broadband at home. One PC and two laptops connect to it at the moment. Am thinking of moving the PC out of the kitchen and upstairs without moving the broadband box as phone line is in kitchen. Pc is currently connected by ethernet cable to box.If I get a wireless adapter like ... this

can i leave broadband box downstairs but still have broadband on the PC upstairs with nothing connected to it by cable??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Should be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

That'll work fine but Belkin gear isn't wonderful. You'd be better off with an adapter from Linksys, Netgear, Sitecom or others.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭juror

I have a similar set-up at home. Have a PC upstairs and my broadband router is downstairs with nothing connected to it.

Try looking at www.komplett.ie, i get all my stuff from there. Recently got a linksys wireless adapter for around €34 and it works a treat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

That will work absolutely fine , the main modem/router only has to be connected to the main PC for initial setup after that you can use any compatible wireless adaptor to connect to it.

As someone has already said though , maybe try another type other than belkin. I have one of those and its in dire danger of getting stamped on. Its the most temperamental piece of junk I own. It works when it feels like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭leex

Check what version of the Belkin usb adapter you have from here: http://www.belkin.com/uk/support/article/?lid=enu&pid=&aid=7147&scid=0

If you have Version 2 or 3 then you should try the Ralink drivers. They manufactured the internals of that device.

I'm using the Ralink drivers for a few months and it is a major improvement on the supplied Belkin software.

There should also be a checkbox somewhere to "allow windows to manage wifi" or similar text. Less temperamental than the belkin connection manager.

• Advertisement
Advertisement