Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help. Bus services from Inistioge!

• 27-08-2007 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to find out travel information from Inistioge to Kilkenny city, and back again.

I know there is a private company that runs twice daily services in both directions from New Ross to Kilkenny, through Inistioge and Thomastown, but I can't remember the exact times, and it has proven a tedious task trying to find them on the internet.

I can't even remember the name of the company.

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Hi!
    Here is the link for Bus Eireann's online timetable.
    There is an option for New Ross-Kilkenny etc and comes in PDF format.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Would the private company by any chance be JJ Kavanagh's?

www.jjkavanagh.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

No, its the Big Red Fun Bus, operated by some guy from Tullogher. Sorry I dont know the exact times, but its the slowest bus on earth. It takes approx 50 mins to go from Inistioge to KK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Big Red Fun Bus? heh, sounds like a children's television programme. Never heard of that one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Maybe give the post office in Inistoige a buzz - 056-7758414 - they would usually know all the local info and might be able to point you in the right direction.

Alternatively, here is a link to the Kilkenny Bus Hire Services

On a tangent, why does the Bus Eireann service New Ross to Kilkenny, only run on a Thursday? And then only give you 2 hours in Kilkenny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

On a tangent, why does the Bus Eireann service New Ross to Kilkenny, only run on a Thursday? And then only give you 2 hours in Kilkenny.
    I would reckon the route is run as a public service obligation at a loss. BE have to provide a service but it doesn't have to suit the travellers needs. Once BE have a service provided however useless they are covered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

The Big Red Fun Bus is Jimmy Phelans. He has being in operation since the middle ages. :D

Unfortunately I do not have a time sheet, but I do now that he is in Kilkenny on the parade every morning for 9am. He passes through Inistioge again at 2.30pm on the way to Kilkenny.

Advertisement