Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subbing in Secondary Schools

Options
  • 27-08-2007 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

My primary degree is in engineering but i want to apply to do the Hdip next september. The problem is i need to build up my points to apply. I was reading on the pac website that i can do this with teaching practice. I was wondering does anyone have any advice on how to go about doing this. I see there is a text a sub service for primary schools. Is there anything like this for secondary schools?

I have sent my cv's into all the local schools and I'm hoping to hear something from them. I heard somewhere that i need to register with the VEC or something also? Is this true? and if it is how do I go about doing this.

One more question... I have been offered a weeks subbing in a primary school. Does primary teaching count towards giving points for the Hdip? or do I have to limit myself to secondary schools to build up my hours?

Any help anyone has would be great! :)

Advertisement