Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

99 VW Passat

Options
  • 27-08-2007 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

Hi Im thinking about swapping my car on a 99 VW passat SE, 77k miles, body in v good condition. Im wondering how easy it would be to sell for 4k. I would assume a car like that could be sold quickly enough im trying to figure out though would 4k be a good price for it though. Also it has no service history, would that put a lot of people off that type of car? I have looked on carzone and buy and sell and it seems ok but i think the majority of people do not get the price they are looking for with cars.

Also if it has no tax on it would i have to pay the back tax form the previous owner?

Any opinions appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

rowanh wrote:
    Hi Im thinking about swapping my car on a 99 VW passat SE, 77k miles, body in v good condition. Im wondering how easy it would be to sell for 4k. I would assume a car like that could be sold quickly enough im trying to figure out though would 4k be a good price for it though. Also it has no service history, would that put a lot of people off that type of car? I have looked on carzone and buy and sell and it seems ok but i think the majority of people do not get the price they are looking for with cars.

Also if it has no tax on it would i have to pay the back tax form the previous owner?

Any opinions appreciated.
    You most certainly don't and shouldn't pay the back tax - they can just declare it was off the road so no need.

With such low milage 4k is very cheap. Is it a high SE spec?
    I'm silling my 2000 VW Passat 1.6 S with 100k for 6k (offers), but it has a reasonably high spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

Its a 1.8 se, So would people agree with cian that it should be easy to sell for 4k. I just dont want to be stuck with it for long as i want to import a skyline from japan so ill have to wait 2 months for that after i sell the passat and id like to have it sometime this year.

Advertisement