Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delivery options?

• 27-08-2007 6:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

I work in Dublin city centre 5 nights of the week.
    I find it sickening eating the same (and mostly unhealthy) crap every evening.

I don't want to spend an arm and a leg ordering dinner.

I don't want food from the same indian place, chinese place, thai place or pizzeria.

I don't want to cook the dinner before I go to work and eat it later.

Where can I get a dinner like lasagne, or stew, or even chops and veg!?
    Will consider any types of food.
    Timeframe 6:30pm - 10pm. Dinner time varies.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Butler's Pantry sounds like it's just what you need, but I don't believe there are any in the City Centre. http://www.thebutlerspantry.ie/ Marks and Spencers ready made meals?

I know you don't want to hear it, but personally, I'd recommend you learn how to cook and invest in a freezer. Cook a couple of meals at the weekend, after a week or two, you'll have loads of variety ready for de-frosting and re-heating.
    Casseroles and Stews freezes really well, as do Shepard's Pies, other simple dishes. Buy a 'cooking for one' cookbook..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yes, cook big batches of stuff and keep in containers in the freezer. Big pots of spag bol, stew, casserole etc. It only takes a little more effort to make 5 portions than a single one.

Leave the jar in the fridge to have defrosted by the time you get home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Thank you Lpfsox. I will be trying Suppers Ready tomorrow. I had actually looked into using them before, but couldn't get their menu to work. I used IE today instead of firefox and voila!

You other two were useless, but thanks for trying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

yea, doesn't work for me on firefox either, they really should sort that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement