Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recomend a Divx

• 27-08-2007 7:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a Divx player with a USB 2.0/firewire port so i can copy movies to a usb key an play them on the player (so i dont have to burn cds) or Divx player with a network port

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

The Philips DVP5160 has all your lookin for and only about €60.

You can get a HDMI 1080P version.
    Philips DVP5980.
    HDMI, USB, DivX - ticks all the boxes your lookin for and under €100!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

That only has a USB 1.0 interface so it wouldnt be fast enough to play back a Divx movie, which is a pity as its only €100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

USB 1.0 is sufficient for playing back DivX I've used players that do so. The PHILIPS DVP-5160 is a good pick as it uses one of the more advanced chipsets for decoding DivX and supports DivX 6/Ultra.

As for ones with network ports then tend to be more expensive but generally stuff from TViX is the best of the lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Irishguy, I've played DivX off USB on this machine and it was grand. Didn't realise it wasn't USB 2 though:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭Ivan E

The Philips DVP 5960 has the USB port on front and that will allow you play divx off a USB pen. I have one myself and it works fine for that. Unfortunately I only have a 512 pen but there are plently of reviews showing what it can support.

http://www.phunkyfish.com/article/4/philips-dvp-596012#issues

I presume the 5980 is an upgrade on this and ultimately what most people want from this is to have an external drive with all their movies plugged in through the USB to the player. Just had to be FAT32 and have its own power source.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

Ivan E wrote:
    The Philips DVP 5960 has the USB port on front and that will allow you play divx off a USB pen. I have one myself and it works fine for that. Unfortunately I only have a 512 pen but there are plently of reviews showing what it can support.

http://www.phunkyfish.com/article/4/philips-dvp-596012#issues

I presume the 5980 is an upgrade on this and ultimately what most people want from this is to have an external drive with all their movies plugged in through the USB to the player. Just had to be FAT32 and have its own power source.
    Am I def safe getting this to play divx off a USB key?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

Cool where can i get one?

Advertisement