Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a new Creche

Options
  • 27-08-2007 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

My partner and I are considering opening a creche. Where should we start? Whee do we find out about regulations? Is there an organisation or a Course?

We are in a position to buy a well located house which has lots of space and a large garden plus ample parking. We realise that a lot of work will have to carried out to make a house in to a child friendly environment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I would suggest you contact your local health nurse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Are you qualified to look after children?

What are your prices going to be? Are you going to rip people off (like most other creches) and charge €150/week or more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Why don't you do a childcare course and get yourself some work experience in a creche so you can see for yourself what's involved and if you're suited to it?

It's one thing minding your own kids every day, and a couple of others occassionally, but a whole different situation minding strangers kids all day every day.

Advertisement