Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

board for transport

Options
  • 27-08-2007 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭

i'm looking to buy a skateboard to get me around in dublin. any ideas where to go to get one? would i be better going for a normal board or a longboard type? bearing in mind i want to be able to carry it so it cant be too big and im not too interested in tricks so it'll be just used for cruisin about. also its no good recommending anythin i cant get in dublin.. cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭JahEerie

Basically, ya can make a board more 'cruisey' by throwin on a set of big (say 56-60mms) wheels. While you're at it, try to get the best bearings ya can afford - they'll be worth da extra few bob in da long run.

A wider boards & trucks may also be advisable, but not really essential
    - 8ish inches should be grand.

Aim for Skate City in Temple Bar & talk to Uncle Clive - or give Pat a shout at Lazy Dog in Dunlaoghaire.
    Have fun,

JohnBoy

Advertisement