Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you got any college info???

Options
  • 27-08-2007 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hey!!

I was just wondering has everyone received info from their colleges about when they start and that kinda stuff......I haven't gotten anything yet and was wondering if I should contact them??

Thanks!!!;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

TCD - No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

DIT-Not yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Mé Féin

Oh thanks....
    I was getting worried cos some of friends who are going to other colleges have gotten stuff!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

i havent gotten anything from ucc, was beginning to worry too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

DCU-No info, just campus accommodation offer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

UCC said to me they will send out a Package for ALL students, which will arrive on Wednesday 29th August.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

UL - Got it last week, you could make a decent bedstead out of the pack its that big

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Mackleton wrote:
    UL - Got it last week, you could make a decent bedstead out of the pack its that big

But UL orientation is the 10th of September? Thats why they sent it out so early..

Didnt get anything from UCC yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Got a load of info from RCSI, but then again, I had to send in my final acceptance, registration fees, that sort of thing, by today.. smaller college though so it's probably a lot easier to get everything done quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

No, nothing - NUIM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TheInvisibleFie

NUI Galway - nothing. Starting September 10th so I'm a bit worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

NUIG- Nothing either getting a bit anxious at this stage to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Nothing from NUIG here either. I think the fact that people could change their mind after accepting an offer up until today has delayed sending out anything about registration etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

eZe^ wrote:
    But UL orientation is the 10th of September?

thats the start of term the orientation is the week before that

ul-got mind on friday and accomadation package yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭-Blanco-

DIT-Still nothing, I hear they're really bad at sending out this kind of information...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I got all my stuff back in June because I had a vacant place application and I had also applied to a private college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

For TCD 3rd - 7th September "You should receive your information pack from Trinity this week with all Orientation Week information. During this week you need to register and attend various meetings which will help you in getting to know Trinity College better. "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭bright

Nehpets wrote:
    For TCD 3rd - 7th September "You should receive your information pack from Trinity this week with all Orientation Week information. During this week you need to register and attend various meetings which will help you in getting to know Trinity College better. "

ok I read that post and assumed that the 3rd - 7th of september was all of a sudden orientation week. Or that some some sort of registration was required on that week.

In a bit of a panic I reconsulted the site to find that orientation week is actually just another name for fresher's week and it is definitely starting on the first of october.

sorry i just found that post quite misleading :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Oops, I understand how you thought that.

3rd - 7th is when we get our orientation pack (I think) which gives us the information about Orietnation Week (October)

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Nothing from NUIM yet....although the orientation week doesn't even start for another 3 weeks, so maybe thats why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Yeah I got some literature from NUIM, but it had nothing to do whatsoever with when we start or registration, it wasn't even mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

I got nothing from UCC today even though they said that we would today, looks like they sent it yesterday and we will recieve it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Anyone going to NUIG - you will see on their site that it says that the info packs won't be sent out until early september (ie next week).

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

Lucas10101 wrote:
    I got nothing from UCC today even though they said that we would today, looks like they sent it yesterday and we will recieve it tomorrow.
    Ya, i say we should get our UCC stuff tomorrow, it makes sense as some people including me only accepted the course on Tuesday. So they probaly will send them all out together, today, to get them for tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

RCSI - Yup got it all and sent away again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 gavo82

St Pats Dumrcondra - No

I cry myself to sleep in anxiousness!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

DKIT - Yup I got it on Monday.

Registration is on Monday so I'll have to bring all the stuff up then.

Crap.....this is scary.... Real life is actually happening! >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

lemansky wrote:
    Yeah I got some literature from NUIM, but it had nothing to do whatsoever with when we start or registration, it wasn't even mentioned.
    Well then what the hell was it about?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

The guy wrote:
    No, nothing - NUIM

Same here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I received my registration pack from DIT today.
    I thought all registration packs must be sent out today:confused:

Advertisement