Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you got any college info???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

TCD stuff came today. Kinda boring

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭cookiemonst3r

ya got the TCD pack... theres like nothing in it... did anyone get anything regarding accommodation??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Got my NUIG stuff. Lots of technical stuff to wade through. I hate paperwork :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Not to mention the compulsory advisory session for some ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Anyone get anything from DCU yet? Nothing in the post today :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Yep. TCD came today. Not up to much though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

Anyone get anything from DCU yet? Nothing in the post today :(

well i wasn't actually in the registry today but I assume they were only sent this morning, do you really expect that much of the post service?

registration only begins this wednesday... and there isn't really any exciting information in the orientation "pack" anyway... nothing that's not on the site except your username...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

obl wrote:
    Yep. TCD came today. Not up to much though...
    Why, what were you expecting?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Something more flashy than a few photocopied pages...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭gosimeon

Carlow's pack consisted of a map, a simple enough registration form, some leaflets on accommodation and transport and a two-page letter welcoming you, as well as a time-table for registration. I guess that's where my €825 paperwork fee goes to. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TheInvisibleFie

ethernet wrote:
    Not to mention the compulsory advisory session for some ...
    Do you guys live around Galway? I didn't get anything today but I have a very unreliable post man. What sort of stuff was it?

cocoa wrote:
    well i wasn't actually in the registry today but I assume they were only sent this morning, do you really expect that much of the post service?

registration only begins this wednesday... and there isn't really any exciting information in the orientation "pack" anyway... nothing that's not on the site except your username...

Eh no, i dont expect that much, i didnt know they were only being sent out today.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Marshy wrote:
    Why, what were you expecting?

Hmm.. I'd be expecting information about all the different societies and clubs in the university. The information given seemed a little bare. Maybe it was because I had read all the dates and stuff on the website.

In comparison, UCD's "information pack" was much more informative and nicer to look at. I'm not complaining though, just eager to get information and start I guess!

JC and obl, what tutor do you have? Just out of interest. I have Mike Brady.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Do you guys live around Galway? I didn't get anything today but I have a very unreliable post man. What sort of stuff was it?

Couple of booklets,bank giro, a registration form and some other form to sign

Couple of booklets,bank giro, a registration form and some other form to sign
    Thanks.

A weeks worth of post came this morning so I got the stuff. It is very technical and Arts just has to be different to everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭megs_88

got registration instructions along with my student number and pin, from ucc yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Nehpets wrote:
    Hmm.. I'd be expecting information about all the different societies and clubs in the university. The information given seemed a little bare. Maybe it was because I had read all the dates and stuff on the website.
    Yeah I suppose they could've thrown a bit more in. But its early days yet I guess, not starting for 4 odd weeks.

Got the bill earlier. Was worried when I saw the tuition fee of €4000 appear!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

No info from ITB yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 simba

Has anyone gotten their welcome pack from St.Pats Drumcondra yet?

Thanks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Choco

DCU's stuff came this morning...

• Advertisement

Damn i didnt get anything from DCU :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 simba

I got the St Pats stuff yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Got part 2 of my NUIM stuff today. It was a bank giro, looking for nearly 900 euro registration fees.

My info came on Friday, with a timetable for orientation and a student handbook for the year, which is basically a book of the rules, bus & train timetables to/from maynooth and a diary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Mé Féin

I got my stuff for IT,Tralee a few days ago...man if I never have to fill in a form again it'll be too soon!! But at least I finally got it!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I just got the ITB stuff today.

NUI Galway sent out more stuff today.

Nehpets wrote:
    JC and obl, what tutor do you have? Just out of interest. I have Mike Brady.

Mike Brady rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

NUI Galway sent out more stuff today.
    Managed to get my password on their site today also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Pretty disappointed with the DCU stuff. All I got was an orientation timetable and how to login to the sight. No info about tutors/lectures/ timetable or anything.

• Advertisement

ethernet wrote:
    Managed to get my password on their site today also.
    Do you have to register online too? I'm not sure if it's just Arts people or what. I could go onto the website and look at stuff but I couldn't actually change anything. I suppose that option will appear tomorrow.

Advertisement