Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a few bits (Mouse, pump...)

• 27-08-2007 8:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭

hey guys i'm puttin together a list of a few essentials i need first and formost is a mouse as my MS trackball is dieing on me. like to game so i was loookin at the razer copperhead. >>>http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=268&products_id=3769
    Good choice? Recommendations.

Secondly i need need need a new pump as this hydor seltz L30 thing i cheaped on is way way way too noisey. I'd like something that performs and is quiet, budget is ummm flexible, i'm willing to part with what needs to be parted with for silence.

I'm sure i need a few other things i'll post later,

Thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Hey,

The copperhead is a cood mouse, but i find it a small bit light for my liking. I went with the Creative fatal1ty 1010 mouse. Its the perfect size for my hands, and has interchangable weights. So you can customise it towards your own needs. Also it has 3 on-mouse dpi settings. So depending on the type of game you can change the sensitivity on the fly. By far the best mouse i have ever had.

For the pump i would reccomend this:
    http://www.pc-look.com/boutik/Prod_Eheim-Watercooling-Pump-1200-l-h-Eheim-1250-230V-Ceramic-Axis__2462_en.html

It is very silent, and as yo-u can see by the specs it has a huge flow rate. A friend got one a few weeks ago and its dropped the temps considerably from his liang ddc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

a mouse is all prefrence i would say logitech mx518 or g5.

for the pump go for the Eheim or a laing D5/siftech d5(12v pump much better then the ddc)and can be very silent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

Anti wrote:
    Hey,

The copperhead is a cood mouse, but i find it a small bit light for my liking. I went with the Creative fatal1ty 1010 mouse. Its the perfect size for my hands, and has interchangable weights. So you can customise it towards your own needs. Also it has 3 on-mouse dpi settings. So depending on the type of game you can change the sensitivity on the fly. By far the best mouse i have ever had.

For the pump i would reccomend this:
    http://www.pc-look.com/boutik/Prod_Eheim-Watercooling-Pump-1200-l-h-Eheim-1250-230V-Ceramic-Axis__2462_en.html

It is very silent, and as yo-u can see by the specs it has a huge flow rate. A friend got one a few weeks ago and its dropped the temps considerably from his liang ddc.
    I find that very, very hard to believe. A pumps free flow rate is insignificant it's head pressure that matters, the higher head means you will maintain flow while the pump is in a loop. I'd recommend a Laing D5 (Swiftech MCP655) vario, that way you can adjust the noise/flow ratio. I've got a Logitech MX518 and like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

"I'd recommend a Laing D5 (Swiftech MCP655) vario, that way you can adjust the noise/flow ratio"

i was lookin at these already and really like the idea of controlling the speed. are they the same pump (repackaged) as they look so similar. As i can find the swifttech for a nice bit cheaper at 94usd as apposed to 102 euro for the d5. if they're not the same then is there much of a difference between em?

I was lookin at the g5 aswell i think i'd also prefer a bit of weight and size as i'm used to leaving my hand down on the trackball explorer which is quite large. is the g5 a chunkier feel too?

But i also have to ask myself after getting used to leaving my arm in pretty much the same position might i prefer lighter fingertip control? oooh decisions decisions.

nibble wrote:
    I find that very, very hard to believe. A pumps free flow rate is insignificant it's head pressure that matters, the higher head means you will maintain flow while the pump is in a loop. I'd recommend a Laing D5 (Swiftech MCP655) vario, that way you can adjust the noise/flow ratio. I've got a Logitech MX518 and like it.

Well the lianc dcc is a load of ****, and the flow rate was something like 300l/h the new one is 900l/h. I dont know how it worked myself, but 8c under load amd 4/5c in idle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Ive had logitech mx518 and now have the G5.. both really good mice

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

"I'd recommend a Laing D5 (Swiftech MCP655) vario, that way you can adjust the noise/flow ratio"

i was lookin at these already and really like the idea of controlling the speed. are they the same pump (repackaged) as they look so similar. As i can find the swifttech for a nice bit cheaper at 94usd as apposed to 102 euro for the d5. if they're not the same then is there much of a difference between em?

I was lookin at the g5 aswell i think i'd also prefer a bit of weight and size as i'm used to leaving my hand down on the trackball explorer which is quite large. is the g5 a chunkier feel too?

But i also have to ask myself after getting used to leaving my arm in pretty much the same position might i prefer lighter fingertip control? oooh decisions decisions.
    There's no difference as long a they are the same vario model, you can get non adjustable too. Where are you buying the pump?, I'd reccomend shoppts.com, it's a US store but they will ship anywhere. Shipping is of course more expensive but that's more than made up for by the lower prices. Just fire an email off to them and they'll give you a quote. On the MX518 if there's one gripe I have I would prefer it to be a bit heavier, so maybe the G5 would be better.

nibble wrote:
    There's no difference as long a they are the same vario model, you can get non adjustable too. Where are you buying the pump?, I'd reccomend shoppts.com, it's a US store but they will ship anywhere. Shipping is of course more expensive but that's more than made up for by the lower prices. Just fire an email off to them and they'll give you a quote. On the MX518 if there's one gripe I have I would prefer it to be a bit heavier, so maybe the G5 would be better.

Why do you think i went for the 1010 ?

Anti wrote:
    Why do you think i went for the 1010 ?
    I don't know why did you?, I'm not saying ehiem pumps are bad just that they are not as good as a D5 or DDC2 (the old model) in terms of performance, at least. They are quiter in general though and very reliable. Anyway why would you recommend a loud AC pump?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

hehe nibble you watercooling head :D

he means his mouse :)

• Advertisement

awhir wrote:
    hehe nibble you watercooling head :D

he means his mouse :)
    :o:o Oh man, I was already for a fight and all :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

In terms of mice I've found there's two distinct types of mice when you push towards the high end, there's the small and light and the big and heavy. Since one neither is technically "better" than the other it really comes down to preference. I prefer the former so I when I was building my rig I went for the Razer Diamondback. It's a fantastic mouse so I'm sure the Copperhead and Deathadder are even better. If you prefer a bigger mouse then the Logitech MX518 or even better, the G5 seem to be highly recommended.

Your best bet is to find people with both kinds and try them out, you'll know which one you prefer then. Oh and don't forget to get yourself a good mousemat too, you'd be amazed at the difference between a crap one/none and even a medium end gaming one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

This is what i'm ordering from www.performance-pcs.com it all works out at 213euro inc shipping. not a bad price i think ony thing i'm not sure of is the coolant anyone any experience of it or can suggest an alternative preferably from this site to keep it handy.

This is what i'm ordering from www.performance-pcs.com it all works out at 213euro inc shipping. not a bad price i think ony thing i'm not sure of is the coolant anyone any experience of it or can suggest an alternative preferably from this site to keep it handy.
    Don't get the coolant, just get some dye and a biocide the non conductive stuff is bull really. You'd find better prices too, petras (shoppts.com) would have most of that for cheaper, just not the mouse.

Thanks Nib, coolant dropped but i'll stick with these guys as there isnt much of a difference overall ,pump is cheaper but barbs are more expensive, plus ive had very good service with these guys before. Also think i'd have to email petras to get em to send to ireland?

What biocide and dye would you recommend?

Thanks Nib, coolant dropped but i'll stick with these guys as there isnt much of a difference overall ,pump is cheaper but barbs are more expensive, plus ive had very good service with these guys before. Also think i'd have to email petras to get em to send to ireland?

What biocide and dye would you recommend?
    Yeah you'd just have to fire 'em an email, they're very good, fast shipping and helpful. But PPC's are good too so whatever:) .
    Dye and biocide... From PPC's i'd pick Feser one or Primochill for dye and the only discrete biocide they have is Asetek Anti Algae, so go with that. They're all basically copper sulfate anyway, should be no difference.

Hey guys, stuff arrived today all is ok accept i got
    This
    http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=381_303&products_id=21407
    instead of this
    http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=381_303&products_id=21647

I'm guessing they're the same only it's mixed for you.
    Other than that i'm still messin about with the G5 alien blue, i just stuck all the heaviest weight into seemed fine at first but feels a little clunky moving it around, will work on it. Looks the BIZ though. D

you just made 7€ be happy ;)

Yeah i'll just take it off the 50 yo yo tax i got charged, i cant believe the actually tax you on the postage aswell thats a joke.

• Advertisement

Yeah i'll just take it off the 50 yo yo tax i got charged, i cant believe the actually tax you on the postage aswell thats a joke.
    You got taxed, ouch. I've never paid tax on anything I've got from petras. Was it shipped with a courier?, that's probably why they always declare everything.

this is my third time gettting stuff from them and the first time i've been taxed. Maybe something to do witht the amount i ordered i dunno. a well tis done now might chance petras next time.

Advertisement