Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viewing the scripts

Options
  • 27-08-2007 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭

It's this weekend. Has anyone heard about times/dates etc.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

yep, I'm saturday morning. Does anyone else find it kind of weird/amusing that they won't allow you bring any sort of recording equipment in with you? *shrug*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Your Man

in my school its friday 6-9 saturday and sunday, dunno if every school is different though?

oh! hmmm, I never realised that... In my school there will be script viewing on friday evening, saturday morning and saturday afternoon but each student is assigned one viewing period and can only view their scripts in that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I am going to view mine on 2nd september.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭cookiemonst3r

i havent heard anything yet... did ye get a letter in the post??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

i havent heard anything yet... did ye get a letter in the post??

At the bottom of the form you fill in there were three dates. This was sent back to me with one ticked and i was told to come in then, fri between 6 and 9 pm. Also, the postcard must be brought in to be given access to your papers afaik

just got mine this morning... thanx! was just gettin kinda worried

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Friday 6-9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Friday 6-9 for me too.

Will the marking schemes be available in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Yep, to check your paper against. You're allowed a calculator, to add up marks I suppose, but no phones or 'writing instruments'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Just a thought, is it necessary/ideal to bring a teacher along?
    I mean I am not a teacher, so I don't know how to judge papers like Business etc besides incorrectly totted up marks, If I deserved a better/worse mark:confused:
    I think I might just go along by myself tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

Naikon wrote:
    Just a thought, is it necessary/ideal to bring a teacher along?
    I mean I am not a teacher, so I don't know how to judge papers like Business etc besides incorrectly totted up marks, If I deserved a better/worse mark:confused:
    I think I might just go along by myself tbh.
    I looking at all my eight papers, so it would be a bit much to ask all my teachers to come in. Most of them would probaly be busy anyway. Are many people still waiting on their times, i still haven't got mine?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I haven't heard anything yet... Should I be worried?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TheInvisibleFie

I wouldn't be worried obl. It's not like it's the department sending them all out together. It's the individual school so yours might just be taking a while. Nothing to worry about.

I got mine for Saturday morning for English. I didn't want to look but my teacher told me too. I'm just bringing a calculator.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 btothei

I looking at all my eight papers, so it would be a bit much to ask all my teachers to come in. Most of them would probaly be busy anyway. Are many people still waiting on their times, i still haven't got mine?

u can only bring ONE teacher for all ure papers......ie u need t bring a teacher with expertise in as many subjects as possible

jst lettin u kno as u wud hav gotten quite a shock if u found dis out minutes before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

obl, don't worry, as far as I know, every single script you did is being sent to the school anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

btothei wrote:
    u can only bring ONE teacher for all ure papers......ie u need t bring a teacher with expertise in as many subjects as possible

jst lettin u kno as u wud hav gotten quite a shock if u found dis out minutes before

Sources Please. I dont believe this rubbish as my sister a few years ago viewed all of her papers and brought in a good few teachers into the viewing room with her. Obviously she was only allowed 1 teacher at a time. They werent strict about it what so ever.

Could you try to brush up in your spelling a bit as I HATE people who write "U" instead of "you".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I think you can bring in only one person per script, not one person for the whole lot.

Just got the slip yesterday. Got the Friday session from 6:00-9:00 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Friday from 6-9 for me. My Engineering teacher will be there because he's the coordinator for the viewing of the scripts.

I dunno about my maths teacher though.

what are you allowed to bring in?? do they give u a marking scheme when you're in there??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭shazzyshaz

i heard they do....
    do the teachers come in anyway without having to be asked...surely they do??

shazzyshaz wrote:
    i heard they do....
    do the teachers come in anyway without having to be asked...surely they do??

again, as with teachers coming in to hear results, it is not a given that they will be present, they are not obligated to do so.

I know teachers in my school made it clear that if you wanted them to view your script and help you decide, you had better get in touch and ask them politely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

As a point of interest, who is getting papers checked even though they don't need (potentially extra) points?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I was given my slip the day of the results. My principal was there so it was all done and sorted by the time i left with my results. Thinking back, i wish i applied for English. I'd loved to see how the marks went.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    As a point of interest, who is getting papers checked even though they don't need (potentially extra) points?

I am, getting both Economics(A2) and English (C2) rechecked, economics should have been an A1 and English at least an A2. Am also considering having German(A2) rechecked, will look at script first.

I don't know I'm getting anything rechecked, I haven't viewed my scripts :/ ...

I'm viewing English (consistent A2 or higher and got a B1) and Chemistry (got an A2 but I reckon I rock more than that :P)

would be nice to higher english and have straight As :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Really having a look at everything, just to see how I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    I don't see the sense in doing that tbh. I mean you're potentially risking losing €37 for a chance of a small amount of extra satisfaction which will last about a month before no one gives a **** what points you got in the LC anymore(actually, by the time you get the results of the appeal, it's likely that no one will give a **** at that stage anyway, so....).

Like, I personally think I was pretty unlucky not to get an A1 in maths, but an A2 isn't exactly a disaster, I have my course, and, while I'm viewing it out of curiousity(/I filled out the form impulsively on the day, right now I'm not looking forward to missing my lie in on Saturday), there's no way I could be arsed to have it rechecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Like, I personally think I was pretty unlucky not to get an A1 in maths, but an A2 isn't exactly a disaster, I have my course, and, while I'm viewing it out of curiousity(/I filled out the form impulsively on the day, right now I'm not looking forward to missing my lie in on Saturday), there's no way I could be arsed to have it rechecked.

And if you see that you should of been awarded an A1? I find that hard to believe tbh.

And next time you decide to go on one of your expletive-licious rants, you might read the post twice - because I said nothing about me getting viewings/checks, I got 590 why would I.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Ah now, 2 expletives is hardly expletive-licious.

And I don't see where I directed that at you personally. Sure, I quoted you, but the rant was directed universally.

And although I would, of course, consider getting a recheck if there were a glaring correction error on my Maths paper, I really don't think I would bother actually getting one.

Advertisement