Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chased by a Hawk .....

Options
  • 27-08-2007 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭

chased by a Hawk ..... no, not the plane .... I mean a real hawk ....

I know it's not uncommon but Sunday was the first time for me .... cruising around with the Easy Star at a good altitude and getting some confidence when a large Hawk suddenly arrived right beside the Easy* ..... it followed the plane for a short time (to figure out if it was friend or Foe .... male or female, I guess) .... and then it quietly drifted off .....

Some sight, and if I only had a cam on board .... (one day !!!!)

.....and no bite marks in the tail when the Easy landed ...... :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

Was followed by a kestrel once in my nitro trainer, reckon he/she was just curious. if the hawk decided you were prey, he could fairly tear up the easystar....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

A chap flying an Easy Star at Dublin Kestrel Model Flying Club up at Tallaght last year had a Kestrel take a swipe at it.
    Left a 3 inch tear in the fuselage to be fixed!
    Usually they just accompany it for a while and have a look, but this one made contact twice.
    If you are worried, pull a loop. Natural prey can't do that and they wander off knowing it is not food.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Dogs chase my revo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Plug wrote:
    Dogs chase my revo!

My fella is 15 yrs+ ...... if I take him along to the Model shop and there's a demo of a truck or buggie in the field out back he always chases them (slowy I hasten to add) ..... :rolleyes:

Mind you he is a Vicious Bugger !!!!!! ..... :p

ioddsy.jpg

The dogs that chase my revo always go for the tire, they bite and i give it full wolly, big mistake Mr. dog.
    :D
    Nice dog btw, i used to have a German shepard, he's gone up to Galway now, i miss him:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Plug wrote:
    The dogs that chase my revo always go for the tire, they bite and i give it full wolly, big mistake Mr. dog.
    :D
    Nice dog btw, i used to have a German shepard, he's gone up to Galway now, i miss him:(

Must be ancient dogs to chase your revo.. especially as it wont go.. :D

vectra wrote:
    Must be ancient dogs to chase your revo.. especially as it wont go.. :D
    Yeah this was a while back:p

Advertisement