Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query regarding previous degree course.

Options
  • 27-08-2007 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Howdy!

I dropped out of a previous degree course, however, I did enough to receive a Higher Certificate. I'm just wondering, in what way does this effect a CAO application to another degree course?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Comments

CAO application? You can apply to the CAO as many times as you want :)

If it's about the fees to be paid, then it kinda depends - you might be ok, depending on what you'll be doing now, or you might not. The only way to be sure is to contact the Dept. of Education directly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 achillesminor

Thanks for the reply. I should have elaborated a little, I'm not entirely sure what I will be applying for. Does having previous certification help you in terms of getting into courses that require points that are slightly higher than what you got in the leaving?

Just asking in case I can't find anything I would like to -- and/or can -- apply for through the CAO. Otherwise I would be going through the Mature route.

Yeah, the only routes that I know of are either the graduate route (like going into medicine after a degree) or going through the mature/access route. But the golden rule is that you have to have the number of points in order to qualify for a particular course - the normal CAO way, that is. If there's a dedicated ladder system to get you into a course, then that's different, but you'd be applying through the CAO for a new course on the back of your original LC results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 achillesminor

I see, much appreciated.

Advertisement