Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sick of french press breaking :(

Options
  • 27-08-2007 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

I've just had to mourn the loss of yet another bodum kenya 3-cup french press due to glass breakage. Is stainless stell or ceramic the way to go for no more tears? Any downsides with these kinds i.e. is there a good reason why most are made from glass? Any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Home Store + More in Belgard and Airside stock a couple of stainless steel
    models, like yourself I was constantly breaking the glass versions -
    don't think the dishwasher is good for them.

I can't see any disadvantage in using the stainless steel compared
    to the glass and it's so much easier being able to use the
    dishwasher to clean. I picked mine up last year and will never
    buy glass again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

That's the dishwashers fault guys. I wouldn't put any non-toughened glass into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 jimmytwo

I use a stainless steel one - very robust!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i've seen some bodum french press models with pyrex, i have a glass jug thingy in mine, i was wondering can you just switch pyrex for glass if you have the right sized beaker thingy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

thanks guys - stainless steel it is! Btw I have never put my glass french press in the dishwasher - they just break randomly :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I always put my French Press in the dishwasher, never had any trouble.

Advertisement