Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot connect to the web if I don't use it for a few hours

Options
  • 27-08-2007 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭

I have a belkin wireless usb adapter and a netopia router that I got from Eircom. If I don't connect to the web for a few hours then I can't connect to the web (but can still connect to the router). I try repairing the connection but it has no effect, I have to reboot the machine to get it to work again.
    Would anyone have any idea why this happens?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Check your ip address using 'ipconfig /all' from a cmd prompt. Do this for when you are connected to the web and for when you can't. See if you can spot any difference. If so then it may be DHCP is not working properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Log in to the router config page.. Routers usualy have an option to have a " nailed up connection " or "always connected" check this box if un checked..

Advertisement