Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blinds.

Options
  • 27-08-2007 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere in Dublin that sells Roller Blinds or Roman blinds at reasonable prices. Any places in general to look?.

Would it be cheaper to buy off the net, my dad is skilled with his hands so he can help me put them up.

Thank you for getting this far:) .

Its for a bedroom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,154 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I'll blind ya for posting in the wrong forum ;)

Moved to DIY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I got my roller blinds in Harry Corry's last year and found them fairly reasonable. I got mine in Limerick, but I'm sure they have an outlet somewhere in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Window Fashions in Terenure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Argos do a few sizes and u can cut them to length with a sharp CLEAN hacksaw or chop saw, depending on whter pole is metal or cardboard

u cut them before u unroll them so they look okay

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I have bought made-to-size vertical blinds off the 'net, from a firm in the UK. There were three windows, one of which was four meters across and 2.8 metres high. It wasn't too expensive, and they were handy enough to put up. I have to say that they looked great.

If you do order from abroad, be sure to print out the instructions for taking the measurements and get the nominated handy person to make the measurements according to the instructions.

(NB. Read that last paragraph again. The measuring is the important part, not the fitting.)

There are loads of places in Dublin that do blinds. There are also loads of sales guys that come out. These crowds used to all have their own little blind-cutting workshops, but now I suspect there are a few big places that do all the blinds, or maybe even get them made in the UK. Now, I am sure this is not typical, but I have heard of the travelling sales guys getting pretty aggressive with the sales patter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I really cant recommend Window Fashions, Terenure enough
    We got the front of the house done for 300E including fitting.

They have thousands of fabrics and found a much cheaper (i.e 800E) version of the one we liked that was pretty much identical.

I have no relationship with them at all.

Advertisement