Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wentworth Miller - Gay Rumors Hightened

• 27-08-2007 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

http://perezhilton.com/?p=4526

I really dislike that Perez Hilton guy and I know it's possible that he's just a buddy of Luke, but I've had my suspicions for a while that Went was gay. The really good looking, nice ones always are :rolleyes:

I hope this doesn't affect the show, you know how fickle people can be !

I still <3 you Went

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yes my dreams have come true. he's so dreamy.

wait what... erm...yeh. :rolleyes:

yeh so two guys hang out, must be gay. quick this perez guy should go to a boards beers event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Cremo wrote:
    yes my dreams have come true. he's so dreamy.

wait what... erm...yeh. :rolleyes:

yeh so two guys hang out, must be gay. quick this perez guy should go to a boards beers event.

Cremo, I'd normally agree with you but Luke McFarlane is openly gay (basically he's out) and Wentworth just doesn't ever seem to have a girlfriend in his life, so I think it's seems more likely than anything else.

So what I say, good luck to the pair of them if it's true !!

I know it's possible for a gay and straight guy to hang out, but all the evidence suggests that Went is hiding in the closet so as not to affect the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

shinny wrote:
    http://perezhilton.com/?p=4526

I really dislike that Perez Hilton guy and I know it's possible that he's just a buddy of Luke, but I've had my suspicions for a while that Went was gay. The really good looking, nice ones always are :rolleyes:

I hope this doesn't affect the show, you know how fickle people can be !

I still <3 you Went

It's gone from one of the best shows on tv to one of the worst in one season, I don't think this matters a damn.

Yes, he is gay by association, he knows someone who is gay and is friends wit dem so he is GHAY! OMGz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

shinny wrote:
    The really good looking, nice ones always are :rolleyes:

Not all of us.:D
    shinny wrote:
    Cremo, I'd normally agree with you but Luke McFarlane is openly gay (basically he's out) and Wentworth just doesn't ever seem to have a girlfriend in his life, so I think it's seems more likely than anything else.

Does he have anything more concrete thana pic of the two of them walking down the road near each other? If thats all it takes then I'm pretty much gay. and I must be having gay orgies cos I walked down the road with 4 mates the other day.

have they any history together ( being friend sfor years etc I mean)?.

Stekelly wrote:
    Not all of us.:D

Touché ;)
    Stekelly wrote:
    Does he have anything more concrete thana pic of the two of them walking down the road near each other? If thats all it takes then I'm pretty much gay. and I must be having gay orgies cos I walked down the road with 4 mates the other day.

have they any history together ( being friend sfor years etc I mean)?.

Apparently he reported a few months back that they were "dating" from a very reliable source. That's generally how they do if over there before someone comes out. The suggestion is that he's keeping stum because he's been told that it will affect the show's rating. Something similar happened with Gray's Anatomy.

I dunno, but I've thought he might have been now for a while. He is never pictured with any girlfriends and I know that might just make him a private person, but none at all is a bit suspicious. I don't know the history with that guy, but he used to date a key character in Gray's Anatomy too, after he came out !

They could just be friends, but my gut feeling is that they are a couple.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I won't believe it til I see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Well! Prison can do that to ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭prospect

T-Bag will be delighted when he hears this....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

He has previously denied that he was gay but after the Perez Hilton blog the rumours have resurfaced. It would certainly damage his standing in Hollywood in terms of future roles.
    He can't win because if he 'comes out' his career will suffer and if he stays in the closet he will be accused of being ashamed of it or something.
    Being photographed with someone who is openly gay is not the best way to quash the rumours though.

lukin wrote:
    He has previously denied that he was gay but after the Perez Hilton blog the rumours have resurfaced. It would certainly damage his standing in Hollywood in terms of future roles.
    He can't win because if he 'comes out' his career will suffer and if he stays in the closet he will be accused of being ashamed of it or something.
    Being photographed with someone who is openly gay is not the best way to quash the rumours though.

Lukin, totally agree with you. I feel for him really, that Perez guy is such a leech !

I honestly think he wants to come out. I mean, he's allegedly been seeing this guy for around 8 months, but has been careful not to be "snapped" with him. Perhaps he is just fed up and is gradually coming out ! This is the first step?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Or maybe he's just hanging out with his friend? Crazy theory I know.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Or maybe he's just hanging out with his friend? Crazy theory I know.

Perhaps, but the evidence suggests otherwise.

What evidence?

He's been hanging out with a gay guy for a while?

Ciaran500 wrote:
    What evidence?

He's been hanging out with a gay guy for a while?

He's a 35 year old, extremely attractive man and is NEVER seen out with any girlfriends, never.

Luke McFarlene used to date TR Knight from Grey's Anatomy, but since they broke up months back has not being dating anyone else.

Sources close to the two have indicated they are in a serious relationship and have been for over 6 months.

All of the above suggests to me that he is + the fact that I actually thought this myself before the rumours. I've watched a good few interviews with him and my gaydar is pretty accurate. ;)

Besides, you seem to think there is an issue with this? I personally don't care if he is or not. I think it's irrelevant to his acting ability. I do however think that he is keeping quiet because he's afraid of how this will affect his career, which I believe is just tragic. He should be allowed to be who he wants to be without recrimination !

shinny wrote:
    He's a 35 year old, extremely attractive man and is NEVER seen out with any girlfriends, never.

Luke McFarlene used to date TR Knight from Grey's Anatomy, but since they broke up months back has not being dating anyone else.

Sources close to the two have indicated they are in a serious relationship and have been for over 6 months.

All of the above suggests to me that he is + the fact that I actually thought this myself before the rumours. I've watched a good few interviews with him and my gaydar is pretty accurate. ;)

Besides, you seem to think there is an issue with this? I personally don't care if he is or not. I think it's irrelevant to his acting ability. I do however think that he is keeping quiet because he's afraid of how this will affect his career, which I believe is just tragic. He should be allowed to be who he wants to be without recrimination !

That's a nice idea but in Hollywood it's simply not workable. Coming out as gay usually spells the death-knell for an actor and it will probably spell the end for the show if Went comes out.

lukin wrote:
    That's a nice idea but in Hollywood it's simply not workable. Coming out as gay usually spells the death-knell for an actor and it will probably spell the end for the show if Went comes out.

Yeh, I totally get that. I think in an ideal world is shouldn't matter. Well, I think they make a cute couple anyway ;)

thirty fúckin five!
    Jesus he doesn't look that!

Gillie wrote:
    thirty fúckin five!

:p Gillie, I thought the exact same when I heard that a while back. He was born June 2nd, 1972. Obviously has very good genes !!

shinny wrote:

So good looking guy who isn't publicly connected to a female and hangs around with a gay guy must be gay? I don't trust that crappy site in the slightest with their "impeccable source" :rolleyes:
    shinny wrote:
    I've no problem if he's gay, the problem I have is the constant prying into peoples lives everywhere in the media.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    I've no problem if he's gay, the problem I have is the constant prying into peoples lives everywhere in the media.

Funny that because last time I checked this was a Forum where people discuss things. If you don't want to discuss it or perpetuate it, then don't post. It's as simple as that :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

i dont read showbiz blogs so i hadnt heard anything about him being gay
    that said im not that surprised
    the reason is , if you watch him and sarah in prison break , thier is absoluteley no chemistry whatsoever
    even a male and female couple are not dating of screen , the chemistry is often there to see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 feefan

A friend of mine was in Sydney over Christmas and said she had read in the papers that he was there visiting his sister.And she saw them in a restaurant,she said he had a guy with him and it looked like they were together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Ciaran500 wrote:

Indeed, gay, straight, bi, who cares, it's none of our business and I don't see why people feel like they are entitled to know. Trying to "out" people is the scummiest thing ever, if someone DOES happen to be gay, it's their business if they tell people. It also has nothing to do with Prison Break.

Perhaps this thread should be moved to the celeb/gossip board? It would probably be a more suitable place.

shinny wrote:
    Funny that because last time I checked this was a Forum where people discuss things. If you don't want to discuss it or perpetuate it, then don't post. It's as simple as that :rolleyes:
    Ahh that old chestnut. If I dislike something I should just shut up, ignore it and hopes it goes away. If everyone lived by that we would have a hell of alot more problems in this world.

irish_bob wrote:
    the reason is , if you watch him and sarah in prison break , thier is absoluteley no chemistry whatsoever
    even a male and female couple are not dating of screen , the chemistry is often there to see

That's because Went is a **** actor, not because he's gay:D .

irish_bob wrote:
    the reason is , if you watch him and sarah in prison break , thier is absoluteley no chemistry whatsoever even a male and female couple are not dating of screen , the chemistry is often there to see

I like their on screen interaction, it is a bit understated and perhaps that leads to the seemingly lack of chemistry. However, I don't know if you've ever seen real life interviews with the pair? Their off screen chemistry is very strong. They clearly get on very well in real life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

shinny wrote:
    I like their on screen interaction, it is a bit understated and perhaps that leads to the seemingly lack of chemistry. However, I don't know if you've ever seen real life interviews with the pair? Their off screen chemistry is very strong. They clearly get on very well in real life.
    Or maybe that's just what they WANT you to think! (just to add to the Hollywood conspiracy) :D

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Or maybe that's just what they WANT you to think! (just to add to the Hollywood conspiracy) :D

Mayhaps :eek: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

Yeah my gf told me this last night with a lot of disappointment in her voice. Wentworth Miller being gay is like Johnny Depp being gay. About 95% of women swoon over them both.

Bastards.

PS I dont really care if hes gay. PB is still an incredible show. Ive lots of gay friends plus the fact ive kinda suspected he was for a while anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

You might want to resize that image in your sig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Gillie wrote:
    thirty fúckin five!

All gay fellas carry their age much better than straight folk. Fact.
    All black guys have a natural rhythm. Fact
    All women have some level of lesbian tendencies. Another Fact.

That's it!
    I'm coming out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

koneko wrote:
    Indeed, gay, straight, bi, who cares, it's none of our business and I don't see why people feel like they are entitled to know. Trying to "out" people is the scummiest thing ever, if someone DOES happen to be gay, it's their business if they tell people. It also has nothing to do with Prison Break.

Perhaps this thread should be moved to the celeb/gossip board? It would probably be a more suitable place.
    Was gonna post but this pretty much covers everything I wanted to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Turquoise

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! It can't be true, I refuse to believe it!

He is just too perfect though, it kinda makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

What a pointless thread :rolleyes: Leave the guy alone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭topher182

this is bull!

the 2 pics were taken in the same day! they were clearly just hangin around together! when i see a pic of him meetin some fella then ill believe it but til then leave it out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I'm meeting a mate of mine later. Does that mean I'm gay??

Who gives a fuck?

Its not going to stop me watching prison break!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

It is because their periods attract bears! Is that what you want, bears?? To prove whether he is gay or not, why dont we just ask the only gay in the villiage to turn on his gaydar and let us know.

To be honest i dont care if he's a homoeructus or a homoerectum, i just went to all the effort of downloading the show and i is gonna watch it hillbilly style.

Sqeal piggy, sqeal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 janeemac

Yeh, I heard this before and that they've been together for almost a year now. Obviously he is afraid the effect that this will have on his career.

In fairness, it's a bit obvious that he is gay. It stands out like a sore thumb. I'd say that if PB doesn't go for Season 4, you'll see him come out of the closet, but until PB ends, he's going to stay firmly in there !!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

koneko wrote:

Couldn't agree more.
    None of our business, what any of us do outside our jobs is personal and private.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Beruthiel wrote:
    Couldn't agree more.
    None of our business, what any of us do outside our jobs is personal and private.
    I seem to recall a survey done in the US which said that a majority of male movie-goers would be put off seeing a movie if they knew the lead actor was gay. That's the sad/pathetic atmosphere that leads to some actors repressing themselves and then others being speculated on because, y'know, too quiet must mean they're hiding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭marie_85

ixoy wrote:
    I seem to recall a survey done in the US which said that a majority of male movie-goers would be put off seeing a movie if they knew the lead actor was gay. That's the sad/pathetic atmosphere that leads to some actors repressing themselves and then others being speculated on because, y'know, too quiet must mean they're hiding.
    That's pretty sad. As well as all the women going 'NO, he can't be!' Realistically speaking, none of us had a chance with him anyway!

Whether he's gay, bi or straight, the media should stay out of his private life. I thought we were moving into a more tolerant and open-minded society then you hear stories like this and the reactions that follow. Sorry, I know I'm ranting a bit but this kind of crap really irritates me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

christ, what has his sexuality got to do with the tv show?

the fact that this thread even exists just goes to show how intolerant we are.

this is as bad as one of those "GAY??????" threads you find all over imdb.

sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Whatever about being gay I can't believe he's 35!! I always thought he was about 27 at the most!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 janeemac

MayMay wrote:
    Whatever about being gay I can't believe he's 35!! I always thought he was about 27 at the most!
    Haha, I know I was shocked to find that out too. He looks mighty good for his age.
    marie_85 wrote:
    As well as all the women going 'NO, he can't be!' Realistically speaking, none of us had a chance with him anyway!
    Lol at Marie. Speak for yourself. I planned on hunting him down and beating him into submission. That plan is foiled now :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭marie_85

janeemac wrote:
    Lol at Marie. Speak for yourself. I planned on hunting him down and beating him into submission. That plan is foiled now :D:D
    Ha! If I thought that would work, I'd be over in Cardiff chasing John Barrowman around with a big stick. :):o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Danny1980

He is indeed goodlooking, well I think many gays do! (That excludes george Michael and Elton John, who are really not my cup of tea *LOL*) Well, as long as he is happy, that should be all it matters. It should NOT be a reason to affect the series! There have been many people coming out and the results were mainly positive. Anyway, at the end of the day, he's still Wentworth Miller, who we love in our fave series and that counts!
    I'll keep on supporting, no matter what! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

He's gay? ****! No more prison break for me. Ever. :rolleyes:
    Seriously, who the **** cares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭moceri

I came across This last July. Scroll about 3/4 way down the page.

http://mostbeautifulman.com/gossip/oldlayout.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Oh oh, i'm so relieved. Thank God you found that Gossip! page.

• Advertisement
Advertisement