Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bt broadband

Options
  • 28-08-2007 1:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭

i have 2mb 30gig package. how much over download/upload limit does bt generally allow on an ongoing basis? in % terms?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kco3d

I've had 2Mb 20gb/month package for about year and a half now and many times I have hit the 70gb mark or more in a month. Never heard anything from BT!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

kco3d wrote:
    I've had 2Mb 20gb/month package for about year and a half now and many times I have hit the 70gb mark or more in a month.
    Never heard anything from BT!!

That's when they are at their most dangerous!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

i have 2mb 30gig package. how much over download/upload limit does bt generally allow on an ongoing basis? in % terms?
    The 2Mb package has a 20G limit, not 30G, that's for the 3Mb package. There was a thread here a few weeks back by someone who had been contacted by BT and were told to upgrade to a higher package than their 2Mb one due to excessive over downloading. That seems reasonable enough of them to be fair ad they weren't threatening disconnection or charging, they just wanted him to pay a fair price for what he was using.

Personally I haven't been charged or contacted for any over use which I do every month except once, 100G downloaded two successive months and I got a 1 day disconnect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

How do i check my usage? I used to use http://broadband.iol.ie/cgi-bin/sec/dsl

..but I tried it today and it says i have downloaded/uploaded zero this month. I normally use less than allowance anyway but may be upping usage in coming months.

Advertisement