Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Regarding Japanese Teacher

Options
  • 28-08-2007 2:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hello there.
    I'm living in Cork, and just about to go into fifth year.
    I adore the Japanese language, and would love to do it as an extra leaving cert subject.
    The problem is, I can't seem to find a teacher who'll be able to well, teach me.

Anyone teaching, or know anybody who is teaching?

Any input is much, much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Hmm there was an ad in Tower Records, someone offering classes in Japanese, doubt they'd be familiar with the LC course? That was Dublin though. But you could find some similar ad in Cork though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Call the Marino Institute of Education; they'll let you know about Japanese teachers in your area. If you think you're up for it, you could always study by yourself (I didn't go to classes at all in 6th year, and got an A2; the oral might be the only 'difficult' part); the book we used was called 'Genki' (¬_¬), so if you just learn everything in that then you're laughing. Having said that though, you might want an actual teacher too. Call MIE.

Oh, and good luck if you do do it.

Advertisement