Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liam

Options
  • 28-08-2007 2:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else thing Liam has been becoming a bit of a knob lately? I'm beginning to think he's doing it purposely to pi55 his other housemates off.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Nanook32

Yeah I hear ya. He's totally changed quite a bit. I noticed it first a little while Gerry was still in the house, like how he used to pick on him quite a bit and with new housemates too he was a bit of an ass.
    But after watching tonight mainly I thought it was pretty bad.
    How he went on with Jointy in the Diary room about the reward for one person and insisted on giving it to Ziggy. I felt a little bad for Jointy like Liam kinda just didn't think he was anything and didn't deserve the reward as much as Zig or himself.

But I don't think that he is doing it on purpose to get under other housemates skin. I think it's a combination of 2 things.
    1) He's getting a bit big for his boots and the ego is growing.

Like thinking he's better than some ie, with jointy.

2) He is getting paroniod about how the outside sees him.

Like with Brian at the table tonight he was so hung up on the fact that Brian had made him look like an ass.

That's my take on him now anyhow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

I wanted Liam to win for ages, but after last night I'm gutted he's even got the other 100k :mad:

Firstly, Brian was quite right to ask Liam what he meant. Liam was being a complete ar$e and it wasn't Brian's question that made him look like that, it was his own weak attempt to break down Brian's question and turn it into something it wasn't.

Second of all, it was so mean of Liam to take the prize off Jonty. Now fair enough when it was opened, although Jonty would really have appreciated it, it should have been a long time housemate that got it, but no need to snap it off him!!!

So many times last night and over the past few days I've felt so sorry for Jonty like he's a real outsider. The other housemates are okay, but once Liam gets involved he's completely intent on shutting Jonty out.

I hope he gets booed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Last night's highlights show certainly didn't do Liam any favours.
    He's copped it of course and spent yesterday going on about how he only noticed the cameras now and thinks he should have been as guarded as others were about what he was saying in the house.

He came across as a bit of a thug on last night's show. Poor old Jonty seems to get the brunt of it all the time.

They're going to copy the photos so they all get a set.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

He's very manipulative and always gets others to come round to his POV, he has a very basic lack of respect for Jonty however and I think Jonty is a very interesting character and someone I would have loved to have seen more of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭templetonpeck

I thought it was so funny on the quiz last night when jonty f@rted. :D

There was a shot of Team 2 and I was thinking 'where's Jonty' and then I heard the giggle and spotted him under the table letting a whooopsie!!! So so funny! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭O.P.H

Ya I think last night said alot about Liam. I always thought he was a sound guy but to just dismiss Jonty like he did last night like he was some kinda piece of dirt was really nasty and looked as though Liam really just looks down on him and I wouldnt have thought he was that kinda guy. And that thing with Brian was manipualtive and unusally self conscious. The money has givin him too much of a protective blanket and hes walkin round like king dick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

I have seen this from Liam quite a bit these last couple of weeks....BUT....I missed parts of last nights show....

What happened?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Briefly...there was a BB quiz where Ziggy in particular got reminded of embarrassing incidents from his time in the house, though Jonty appeared quite hurt at some members of the public calling him 'weird'. The team of Ziggy, Jonty and Liam won the quiz and were presented in the diary room with their prize - one package. Liam passed it back to Ziggy (who he obviously wanted to have it), Ziggy passed it to Jonty. Jonty appeared thrilled, said 'Oh, thank you' and then Liam grabbed it out of his hand and gave it back to Ziggy. Jonty's face was so sad...

The prize turned out to be a collection of photos of BB in an album. Later they agreed to get a set for everyone.

Later in the evening, there was some sort of strange argument that I didn't really get the reason for, but Liam went way over the top shouting and roaring at Brian - it ended up with both Jonty and one of the twins in tears.

I would give anything to see Jonty come out AFTER Liam - he is sickeningly smug. Himself and Ziggy think they have it sewn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

The best was the rest laughing at Liam in the quiz when it showed 'With my wings of steel'. Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

He didn't exactly cover himself in glory either last night with the fake eviction. You'd think that after winning the 100K he would've at least pretended that he wouldn't have minded being put up for eviction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭sarz55

i hate him. he says some right nasty things and no-one picks up on it. remember what he said about kara louise after he first met her, "her laugh made her fall into the sketchy box" or some such. very bitchy and annoying. he's got too big for his boots since he won the 100,000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

In fairness though after 12 weeks of living in a pressure cooker with people you mightn't praticulary like its hard not to get upset or angry at the smallest of things. Im also of the opinion, despite what Channel 4 might claim, that Big Brother always shows the worst bits of everyone in the hilights show whenever possible. I'm sure if you saw him all the time in real life you might think diffrently.

Ladies, would you not be falling to his charms when he picks you up with his ''wings of steel''? He's very (though a bit too much sometimes) smooth talking!

Overall though I think he has been sincere, genuine, and a nice bloke over the whole series. No-ones perfect! I will be writing a fan letter to him when he comes out. I would have liked him to have a chance of winning but I know its not going to happen. He was a bit mean to Johnty over the prize but then again the twins have evil under all that pink somewhere!

Advertisement