Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling a site/house?

Options
  • 28-08-2007 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Hi, i'm living on 2/3rd's of an acre in dublin city. It's a settled area that has houses all around it. We're snuck in off a road and down a laneway. There have been thoughts of selling the house. Many believe that the house could be worth X-amount but there is a half acre site in the same area that has allowed several houses to be built on it. If that's the case then i'm thinking that the site is worth far more than the house and potentially more than the x-amount price tag. Is there any way that the site could be pitched towards developers with this in mind? Or would an auctioneer do that?
    I don't feel the need to be greedy but if we sold the site for x amount and it was developed turning it into a 5x amount we'd be totally gutted as it was under our noses and we failed to see it.
    Bearing in mind two houses are going to be bought from the money raised, it is important to get a decent amount.
    Also i don't have much knowledge wrt real estate ( as you can prob see :D)
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

You could sell the site separately to a builder. If there is already precedence in the area for building on similar land there is a good chance you will get planning permission for the site for a similar type development.

I got a few quotes from builders to build on my parents corner garden and the price of the land alone was well over half the building cost of the proposed house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Your best bet is to have a chat with the Council planners first and ask them if they would grant planning on the site and what density they would allow. (with or without the demolition of the existing house)

Even without talking to the planner, you should get an idea from reading the local area development plan.

If you were prepared to do it, you would get the best return by getting the planning permission yourself and then selling it as a "ready to go" site.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MickserREMAX

As do-more said, speak to Fingal or Dublin Council Planning Section, find out what they intend to do with the area over the next 4 to 5 years, then employ an Architect to design a AutoCAD drawing, then submit it. If you get planning approved the site will be worth alot more than without planning.

Advertisement