Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Singing Fans

• 28-08-2007 4:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

Was watching some Ascoli videos on youtube, their fans are really good

Should watch/listen to some of the songs they sing, really good, thats what it should sound like in a football game!

.. and the only thing I know about Ascoli is that its an italian club, I'm not a fan in any way but was really impressed with their fans.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

passionate, not a fan of the flares though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I think the Cork City fans sing that song, sounds good there.

This though, is the best fans chant on YouTube. Panathinaikos fans, it's a basketball match, but the passion is fúcking amazing.

And then there's this from the time we won the league in Inchikip. I used to love that old Indian Chant at the end of the video. Woah-oh-oh, Oh-oh-oh.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

those Panathinaikos vs *******kos fans are absolutely mental, heard a while ago that all the football fans go to all sorts of sports where they play eachother, expecially basketball, always fights and riots etc, if i'm not mistaken a couple of people were killed at one of their basketball games in the last couple of years??!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

The-Rigger wrote:
    passionate, not a fan of the flares though

This is from a game last year in Solna (Stockholm) where AIK plays DIF.

The flares were approved beforehand, but someone should have considered the amount of smoke they generate.

DesF wrote:
    I think the Cork City fans sing that song, sounds good there.

This though, is the best fans chant on YouTube. Panathinaikos fans, it's a basketball match, but the passion is fúcking amazing.

And then there's this from the time we won the league in Inchikip. I used to love that old Indian Chant at the end of the video. Woah-oh-oh, Oh-oh-oh.:D

Nice, the Panathinaikos one is pretty cool :)

I did actually know Cork City does the Ole Ola one too... I came across it when I was trying to find the origin of Ole Ola, seems to be coming from south america, River Plate, not sure if they started it though, Fehnerbache in Turkey use Ole Ola too.

We have a team in Sweden (DIF) that are using ole ola too and I didn't want to believe they came up with it, but their version sounds _nothing_ like Ascoli :)

----

Here is the crowd from the last game (2 days ago) AIK played... we're not too bad at singing in Sweden either!
    The first minute or so is before the game actually starts so not that loud but it does get going after the game starts :)

The amazing thing is that the singing never stops... for atleast 85 of the 90min there is singing...

• Advertisement

The flares are great. I'm trying to find a display the Shels fans put on fairly recently, it was pretty good too.

I might only have pictures of it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

this is a gif i found, as i couldnt find the individual photos, but it does the job.

http://www.invictaloyal.com/Invicta%20Loyal%20General/Ibrox%20Card%20Displays.gif

credit to the man who made it. those were great card displays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Fenerbahce fans

Rapid Vienna fans singing boys in green

Some impressive videos/pics, I like the video of the Fenerbahce fans... and the pic with the changing flags is impressive.

Found this with Fenerbahce, might be overdoing it, well, alot :)

Keep it going, it's great to see good fans from all over the world showing how to support a team :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Haha those Fenerbache ones are great, I'd be ****ing terrified at one of their matches!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

i cant really find any of them, but there are some pretty good videos on youtube of some Japanese supporters. not only do they sing pretty damn enthusiastically, but they coordinate their movements so they all jump to the left or right at the same time, it's hilarious. they've some amazing fan bases in Japan. dont know the name of the club though.. :(

ill post this, and if any mod thinks its me trying to wind people up ill gladly remove it, but its on topic, and its not offensive so...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy7ApYkGEiU

classic away support in the SPL.

i cant really find any of them, but there are some pretty good videos on youtube of some Japanese supporters. not only do they sing pretty damn enthusiastically, but they coordinate their movements so they all jump to the left or right at the same time, it's hilarious. they've some amazing fan bases in Japan. dont know the name of the club though.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

odonnell wrote:
    ill post this, and if any mod thinks its me trying to wind people up ill gladly remove it, but its on topic, and its not offensive so...

that's a hilarious video. good post :D

EDIT: That's the one eirebhoy! cracks me everytime i see it, those funny japanese :D

hehe thats brilliant....the japanese i mean :)

that's a hilarious video. good post :D

EDIT: That's the one eirebhoy! cracks me everytime i see it :D

hehe cheers... credit to whomever made it :) have to watch it all the way through to get it, just great to see for any fan id say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

odonnell wrote:

V good video the reaction of the Hibs fans is hilarious.
    eirebhoy wrote:
    Classic, classic frutball, lol :D

muffen wrote:

Here is the crowd from the last game (2 days ago) AIK played... we're not too bad at singing in Sweden either!
    The last few minutes of this video are brilliant.

I like the card display - pity it's a bleedin' Union Jack though ;)

Rapid Vienna singing Boys in Green :eek: :D
    muffen wrote:
    Keep it going, it's great to see good fans from all over the world showing how to support a team
    Indeed. You can't get that sitting on a stool.

• Advertisement

DesF wrote:
    The last few minutes of this video are brilliant.

I like the card display - pity it's a bleedin' Union Jack though ;)

Rapid Vienna singing Boys in Green :eek: :D

Indeed. You can't get that sitting on a stool.

yeh...well, i know mate and everyone knows my thoughts on that one! Im just glad there are two saltires there to balance up the jack.

amazing organisation though

odonnell wrote:
    amazing organisation though
    Agreed, must have taken some orchestration.

Do Rangers employ a choreographer for their fans or what?

no they dont have anything like that - its supporters clubs, one in particular, who have the go ahead to go in and arrange the displays. a lot of fans pitch in before the match to get it all set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Here's one of derry fans at finn harps and a couple of great displays from shamrock rovers fans. The derry on doesn't reall get going until about a minute in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0Skwtr2plc&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dkJecd2zTw&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOyLdi33BiQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Never new the words of that Rovers song till now.

"Going down the Milltown Road to see McLaughlins Aces"

I know now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Never new the words of that Rovers song till now.

"Going down the Milltown Road to see McLaughlins Aces"

I know now.

In Dublinese thats

"going down da road to see louis gaffs"

EL mini-me style.

kdjac

Here is another one were AIK plays DIF...

AIK is actually the away team but both teams are from Stockholm, and for any two Stockholm teams playing, the game is normally played in AIK's home stadium, as it's also the Swedish National Arena and holds about twice as many people as any other arena in the Stockholm area (36 000).
    Or well, in all fairness I guess it's the other way around, the Swedish National Arena is also AIK's home arena.

As AIK is the away team we only have one section (where the Swedish flag is), the rest of the arena is DIF, and the song you hear through the entire clip is AIK singing (8000 or so people).

I can add that the entire clip is before the game has even started.

Just as a note, I don't mean to promote any team even if it's in Sweden, this is just to show the crowd singing and obviously being a supporter of one club you know the games to look for, hope this is alright (plus AIK lost this game 3 - 1 in the end).

Nice video from the Eircom league, wish I would have gone to see Eircom League games when I was living in Ireland, even though it's always more fun if you support a team :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,344 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Celtic v Barcelona (March 2004)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Celtic v Barcelona (March 2004)
    Certainly makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up. I was at the Liverpool V Chelsea S/F CL playoff earlier this year and when the fans sang YNWA it was the best rendition and best atmosphere I have ever heard.

Hobart wrote:
    Certainly makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up. I was at the Liverpool V Chelsea S/F CL playoff earlier this year and when the fans sang YNWA it was the best rendition and best atmosphere I have ever heard.

The best rendition of that I ever heard (albeit on TV) was at either Celtic Park or Anfield when Liverpool played Celtic a few years back. The game McManaman scored that goal in.

Liverpool fans were singing that Campione song last night. Great song but it must be sung by half the clubs in the world.

eirebhoy wrote:
    Liverpool fans were singing that Campione song last night. Great song but it must be sung by half the clubs in the world.
    Which song? 'Campione-Campione-Are we-Are we-Are we'?

Why the hell were Liverpool singing that?

Also, that video you posted there is super.

Is that the same tune as 'Ole Ola'?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Here is a link is some Pool fans in The Albert PUB after the Chelsea semi last season.

Link

Haha those Fenerbache ones are great, I'd be ****ing terrified at one of their matches!

There are tons of video's on youtube where they do insane things, saw some where they played, I think it was, Galatasaray, where it was just insane...

although imho, once you've torched your own stadium you cant really go any further ;)

Advertisement