Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olympics 2008, anyone going?

• 28-08-2007 8:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is there anyone on here going to Beijing next year. I wonder will we be able to get tickets off the Irish O.C. The tickets sold on the official website were only for Chinese residents so far.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

It was easy enough to get tickets for Athens, not sure if it was an EU thing. So hopefully it will be possible. I think I booked my tickets (Men's 100m final day) about 6/7 months before the games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭shopaholic

check out sportsworld.co.uk - its where irish people can book tickets (according to the irish olympic council.
    I'm waiting until airlines put up their flights so i can see the prices before i book tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

shopaholic wrote:
    I'm waiting until airlines put up their flights so i can see the prices before i book tickets.

Not a bad idea - had to go via the Netherlands when I went to Athens, cost me a fair bit and 12 hour journey for what should have been 4 hours had their been a direct flight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭finbarrk

shopaholic wrote:
    check out sportsworld.co.uk - its where irish people can book tickets (according to the irish olympic council.
    Yeah, I got on to Sportsworld yesterday and ordered some tickets for a few evenings for the events in the main stadium. The cat 1 tickets are around €90 each evening, morning sessions are much cheaper.
    I have my money paid with the order but I wont know if I got them until next month. Seemingly this is the only company authorised to sell tickets for GB and Ireland.
    It isnt possible to book flights yet by the look of it.

Advertisement