Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Fota Wildlife Park

Options
  • 28-08-2007 9:21am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So I'm looking to get from Waterford to Foto this weekend, I can manage Waterford to Cork Bus station but I've no idea how to get from the Bus Station to Foto,

Roughly how far is it and does anyone know of any buses going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

The train would be easiest... 5min walk from bus station to train station, and it is about 10mins to Fota and probably only a few quid return (not sure of the details).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Train is definately easiest.. there are timetables for the cork to fota train on www.irishrail.ie.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Looks interesting, how far then from Foto Train stop to the actual Park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

4pm. Either arrive just before as it's just around the corner from the gate, or leave a good hour to go around the park beforehand.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

The only REAL way to go to Fota is to go by train. Its all part of the day out arriving by train. The train station is approximately ten minutes walk from the Bus station (over the river). Trains depart for Fota Island approx every 45 minutes. And the station is right outside the gate of the Wildlife Park. If you have time, you can also take a walk across the estate to Fota House, Gardens and Aboreteum (Sp?).
    Pity a lot of the Island is now in private hands (Hotel, Golf course, homes). I saw an advert at Cork Airport recently for " your own private Island"- selling houses in Fota. Its a shame, given that the Island was bought by UCC but part had to be sold off because of Government cutbacks in the 1980's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

4pm cheetah feed is DEADLY

Advertisement