Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to get Bosch Aerotwin Retrofit FLAT WIPER BLADE UPGRADE?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There are plenty of places on eBay that sell them. Generally speaking the German shops are cheaper than UK ones, and there are some quite large differences in prices, so shop around. There was one where I got the wipers for my C-Max when these wipers were pretty uncommon, and most shops here hadn't even heard of them, and this place came up trumps. They don't seem to be on eBay any more, but there are a few more German sellers there now. Just make sure you select the "European Union" option in the search, and scroll down until you come across the German sellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Alun wrote:
    There are plenty of places on eBay that sell them. Generally speaking the German shops are cheaper than UK ones, and there are some quite large differences in prices, so shop around. There was one where I got the wipers for my C-Max when these wipers were pretty uncommon, and most shops here hadn't even heard of them, and this place came up trumps. They don't seem to be on eBay any more, but there are a few more German sellers there now. Just make sure you select the "European Union" option in the search, and scroll down until you come across the German sellers.
    Cool, found these for €35.69 delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Can I ask whats the big advantage to these wiper blades over the standard ones ?

Thanks
    Rob

RobAMerc wrote:
    Can I ask whats the big advantage to these wiper blades over the standard ones ?

Thanks
    Rob
    I can't really comment having not used them before however the link does say

"Maximum Screen Wiping Performance

· Tailored spring strips for each vehicle ensure smear-free wiper performance across the entire windscreen.
    · Even pressure along the entire blade provides superior wipe quality for improved vision and safety in critical driving conditions such as foggy weather.
    · Aerodynamic spoiler provides improved wiping quality, even at high speeds.

Improved Comfort

· Flat, aerodynamic design reduces wind noise
    · Improved winter performance – elimination of the metal frame and brackets used on conventional wiper blades reduces snow and ice build-up.
    · Easy-to-use ‘Quick-Clip’ adapter for quick and simple wiper blade replacement.

Bosch Quality

· Proven Aerotwin quality used as Original Equipment by leading car manufacturers.
    · Longer service life – even contact pressure eliminates points of increased wear and tear.
    · Greater resistance to insects and dirt build-up.
    · Intensive durability testing in all weather conditions and at all speeds for optimum performance, even in the harshest driving conditions."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

They're fitted to my car, and are far superior to the older style blades IMO. There is no skipping, jumping across the screen in light or heavy rain, breezy conditions, motorway speeds etc
    They give such a clear cleaning with one, maximum 2 sweeps and definitely seem to wear better.

• Advertisement

Bought these, will give a full report once they arrive :D

Advertisement