Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Twins

Options
  • 28-08-2007 9:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Need to get this off my chest before the series ends. Anyone else despise these two? I heard a psychologist on one of the shows say that he didnt at all admire their charachteristics. Apparantely they are so nice, but I noticed exactly what he said: They are equally nice to people who do wrong like Charlie as they are to the nicer people in the house like Jonty. They do not differentiate and this makes them seem in a word idiotic. Either they are oblivious to what goes on around them or are too scared to stand up to bullys but the way they idolised charlie even after the way she treated Brian (A supposed friend of the twins) was a disgrace. If someone treated a friend ofmine like that I wouldnt be nice to them. And no they are not good fun Im sick of their prancing around and singing. Pity they made it this far.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

i'd say you're on your own mate.
    They didnt "idolise" charley...
    The twins havent gotten involved in any arguments in the house, which was probably a very hard thing to do concidering all the arguments this yr, and that is why they have got this far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

I think they need some time apart to find individual identities for themselves.

The reason they've gotten so far isn't all to do with them avoiding conflict, it's because people are fascinated with twins, particularly ones who look alike and act cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

BB on the couch is such a pile of nonsense. I saw the comment you are talking about and it was one of those truths that slipped through the net.

It's true, they have no moral measure in this way. They treat all the boys the same. Whether they fancy them or not doesn't matter- they still sit on their knees, giggle and bite them.

They appear to be so spoiled by their parents/family that they cannot think about anyone but themselves and see nothing wrong with this as this is how they have always lived. However, they do seem to have a natural good nature underneath the bad 'breeding'.

If Brian wins I'll be raging. the twins are the better option of the two by far. Although their eviction interview will be so banal.
    Fifteen minutes of "it's dead good and the whole thing was dead good cos like, you know like, everyone was dead good and dead nice and stuff like" .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

kittex wrote:
    Although their eviction interview will be so banal.
    Fifteen minutes of "it's dead good and the whole thing was dead good cos like, you know like, everyone was dead good and dead nice and stuff like" .
    Haha! :D So true!

What's the craic with Brian? Is he playing a football match after he's evicted? Apparently he's playing as the number 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Ah hating the twins is like hating puppies! I think they're great role models for little girls.....they're polite, friendly, never argued once in the house and are generally lovely girls...it is possible for them to be just that you know, nice people....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

MayMay wrote:
    Ah hating the twins is like hating puppies! I think they're great role models for little girls.....they're polite, friendly, never argued once in the house and are generally lovely girls...it is possible for them to be just that you know, nice people....
    Do you know any little girls?! That's a horrific thought.

Yes, your daughters too can learn how to flash their arses at men they don't like (but you know, just for attention), focus on nothing but their looks, run around in bikinis letting men they claim they don't fancy bite their arses, ignore their friends when upset (eh, cos like, it's like bad feelings like and stuff) and have a vocabulary of a 4 year old and scream for pink at every turn.

Honestly, without being a celeb or BB housemate, what type of life do you think this would offer a real person?

Indeed, put it on the Irish primary school curriculum. Girls - identify oneself by appearance only. Nevermind the increases in bulimia, anorexia, and premature sexual activity we're already battling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Kittex, its like you have read my mind. You've articulated all the traits I have noticed but not yet been able to convert into words. Dead good this, dead good that, ignore friends when they are down, concentrate on laughing and dancing. They have no social awareness and no grasp on what is and what is not acceptable behaviour from others in the house. Passive is the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I'd find it difficult to be critical of them really. Yes they're a bit over the top and a bit thick but they seem to be decent people who just want to enjoy themselves. They are a bit passive and try a bit too hard not to offend sometimes, but thats propably a good thing, just look at how the others in the house like charley, laura, chanelle, carole, emily, shabnam, amy and nicky behaved, each of them seemed to have serious issues,like anger, moodswings, controlling nature, vanity.
    The twins could have been way more obsessed with their image, they liked pink, makeup and were a bit like twelve year olds being girly. If they were flashing their boobs, dressing provokatively or being sexy then maybe I'd understand people complaining. The twins were pretty and girly, mentioning "bulimia, anorexia, and premature sexual activity", i didn't think they were thin or were conserned to much with what they ate, and didn't really thing they were hot or sexy in the way they looked or behaved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

kittex wrote:
    Do you know any little girls?! That's a horrific thought.

Yes, your daughters too can learn how to flash their arses at men they don't like (but you know, just for attention), focus on nothing but their looks, run around in bikinis letting men they claim they don't fancy bite their arses, ignore their friends when upset (eh, cos like, it's like bad feelings like and stuff) and have a vocabulary of a 4 year old and scream for pink at every turn.

Honestly, without being a celeb or BB housemate, what type of life do you think this would offer a real person?

Indeed, put it on the Irish primary school curriculum. Girls - identify oneself by appearance only. Nevermind the increases in bulimia, anorexia, and premature sexual activity we're already battling.

Too true

Advertisement