Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Script

Options
  • 07-12-2005 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

We've been living in Charlesland Wood since April and love being here. We're waiting for the pub unit by Superquinn to be taken up as we hope to meet new people and enjoy a pint within crawling distance of our house!

Also waiting for Jackie Skelly to be ready and we're wondering if the community swimming pool will ever happen.

Does anyone know when Script is opening? I've tried directory enquiries for a telephone number but there's no listing yet - or at least not under that name.

Saw a post about a bar opening by the Seaview apartments - does anyone know more about this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Johnc72

I reckon its giong to be this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

lorrie wrote:
    We've been living in Charlesland Wood since April and love being here. We're waiting for the pub unit by Superquinn to be taken up as we hope to meet new people and enjoy a pint within crawling distance of our house!

you'll be waiting a long time, doesn't look like there's much interest from the pub trade in that unit
    Also waiting for Jackie Skelly to be ready and we're wondering if the community swimming pool will ever happen.

local chieftain\TD Dick Roche announced funding for the community pool recently, but lord knows when it will be built (it was promised years ago). Jackie Skelly will be open in the spring I think.
    Does anyone know when Script is opening? I've tried directory enquiries for a telephone number but there's no listing yet - or at least not under that name.

you could always ring Delrey Catering
    http://www.wicklow.ie/ePlan/internetenquiry/rpt_ViewApplicDetails.asp?validFileNum=1&app_num_file=039547

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 lorrie

Thanks for all that - got a cab last night and the driver told me Script opened on Tuesday so we'll be checking it out very soon. Will post a review when we've tried it.

Shame about the pub unit in Charlesland - there must be lots of newcomers like us who would welcome a social center in the heart of the community. Wonder how feasible it would be to set up a co-operative of local residents to fund and run it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Johnc72

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

A friend was down there the other night, got some free drinks too! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

We went along for a couple of pints on Saturday, nice bar but the lounge is a bit odd - looks like an upscale living room from the 50s with chandeliers and busy wallpaper. Don't know if they really needed all the champagne behind the bar either. The food looked good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 thesnapper

one of the strangest pubs I have been in. two foot space between bar and wall behind, makes traffic on the Greystones main street look minor. Music is far too low. Decor is way too much. Dress policy is incoherent, some people got in with runners others didn't. This is a local pub, not a high-class establishment.
    Prices are higher than competition. Why are the gents called 'techno teds?' Maybe someone from management can explain this?
    This local will have to adapt to the local people's choice. It can not expect everyone to follow their (confused) high-class image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ccfcexile

from what i seen and from speaking to some of the locals it seems to be the place to go if your barred from every other pub in greystones:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Eleni

Hi ya!
    The Script is open the last 3 weeks now.
    It is nice to have such a nice place close to our home in Charlesland.
    The telephone no if you want for Script is:

Regards

Eleni

PS: We r going there for New Year's Eve ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Hi Folks,

For your information, there is now a dedicated Greystones / Charlesland Forum here on boards. Link is: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=625

Eoin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Script no more

Just bought Script. Plan to re-open in Nov, Bar and Grill (New York Sports bar, Steak house Style). Just to let you know. Living in the area too, sucks having to drink in same old bar over and over

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

am i correct in saying that scipt has closed down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Joliegood

It has Matt, a few weeks ago. On Christmas Eve, I popped my head in and there were four or five customers in it. This was about 8 in the evening. So, pretty inevitable that it was doomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 postmanpat69

Yep, did'nt last long...not surprised to be honest.

I think the new owner posted on about thread about this - sounds like it will be re-opened, but in a different format.

god maybe he might re-decorate the inside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Joliegood

And lose the bouncers, always seem to attract riff-raff IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Joliegood wrote:
    And lose the bouncers, always seem to attract riff-raff IMO.
    Yes and my god there were some there. A shell suit and one of those sticky fringe Wayne Rooney haircuts seemed to be mandatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

I went there a couple of times and it was awful. Reminded me of the end of a wedding when the drunk great uncle is dancing. Had attempted chat ups (at me not by me!) both times I was there. Shame they were both about 70 :p:D

What is it with Greystones and pubs? Is it the only place in Ireland that the people don't like drinking in pubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I love drinking in pubs...especially if its a sneaky one without herself knowing.

Must say now, with family commitments they'll be few and far between...don't mean to go off topic but it is great if you have a pub within relative walking distance so you don't need to get a taxi. If they lowered the rent on the pub unit in charlesland I reckon we'll all be in there talking about local stuff rather than on here!

Back on topic, never liked Script. Some interior architect got a stupid amount for a budget by the looks of it.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement

the pub rental along with the other units is high for a reason.

its to do with the planning permission of the shopping center beside jackie skellys and the sale of the charlesland shopping center.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

the pub rental along with the other units is high for a reason.

its to do with the planning permission of the shopping center beside jackie skellys and the sale of the charlesland shopping center.

Not true - I enquired about it 18 months ago, before the shopping centre and sale were around and it was the same price it is now - ie - huge...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭woodser

Charleslsnd shopping centre has been off the market for the last month

• Registered Users Posts: 46 avantarklu

Not according to the article in this weekends Sunday Business Post

daveco23 wrote:
    Not true - I enquired about it 18 months ago, before the shopping centre and sale were around and it was the same price it is now - ie - huge...
    that pretty much because of the intentions they had...

if companies were occuping space they would have issues shifting them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭woodser

Article incorrect Zapi reps at display of phase2 told people there that it was off the market since july.dont believe all you read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hey mikey

has anyone any more news on what is happening with script-it seems to be off the market as sale sign was taken down-surely we need a decent pub around here??

hey mikey wrote:
    has anyone any more news on what is happening with script-it seems to be off the market as sale sign was taken down-surely we need a decent pub around here??

Here's a post from someone who claims to have bought it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 mcgiggy

Just bought Script. Plan to re-open in Nov, Bar and Grill (New York Sports bar, Steak house Style). Just to let you know. Living in the area too, sucks having to drink in same old bar over and over
    Are you going to throw a McDonalds upstairs too??! Would you stop!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ru

I don't think it's too important for you as to the format chosen.

What's more important is to why it didn't do well first time round...

1) Lazy Bouncers
    2) Irratic decor
    3) Uninspired seating arrangments

Advertisement