Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Script

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FirstIn

A real fire. Yes.

I think I am correct in saying that none of us in Charlesland have a real fire so having one in a local pub would be great.

I know they are a pain to clean etc but they are just lovely. Please please please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Lumbarda wrote: »
    NOOOO PLEASE, not Jazz!!! That's one of the reasons why I first stopped going to Script, that blooming jazz that would blow your ears off on a Sunday afternoon. A matter of opinion, I know, but a piano sounds like a much better option to me! ;)
    I wasn't suggesting jazz... Perish the thought!

Guitar and sax can make for some nice background music.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

I really Like the idea of you (script no more) using this forum to get ideas of how we all would like the bar to be. Normally new places open with a "well in my opinion" rather than listening to what the customers want.

I'm really looking forward to the launch of The Woodlands Lodge

Best of luck Script no More

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

woodser wrote: »
    What are you guys going to rename it.Isuggest you remove the naked bottoms in the window though.Puts off families.

number 1 reason for not going there was the Bordello look. I mean, who is going to sit down and play the piano with no knickers on? TAACCKY!

so glad to hear that it is reopening and under new management. Such a lovely spot, could be gorgeous. Can I suggest an idea for summer sunday afternoons? an outdoor barbecue on the rooftop with basic but well sourced local sausages and chops. Full salad bar and a good range of crusty breads. The smell will bring in the punters and it would be grand to show off some good wicklow producers.

If you have a windbreaker up already you can get these screen things to zip on if the weather is a little inclement.

Good luck with it all xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Damn! I suppose I should give up the piano lessons now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

Thanks all, considering a pino in the restaurant for Sunday lunch ect any know of a player ????? We are currently running a fine dining restaurant in Wicklow Town, The Bakery, so we will try keep the same level of food, all be it a cheaper, and we will have 8 wines by the glass, from 4.50 up no screwtop 250ml Hammiepeters will be happy to hear. Any suggestions on menu, etc very welcome, after all it's your local guys !!!!!

I would love! - seafood chowder and home made brown bread, steak sambo, apple pie, rhubarb crumble, seafood platter - good Irish Food. Think you can't go wrong with simple Irish bar food like Monks in Ballyvaughan, Morans of the Weir if you know them!?...or the Wicklow Arms years ago if you knew of it!? Sorry - I like me food!! Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

I wasn't suggesting jazz... Perish the thought!

Guitar and sax can make for some nice background music.

Sorry, Mike, I just panicked slightly when I saw the word "sax", memories of perforated eardrums came flooding back!! I agree, subtle (unplugged;)) sax can be fine!

I agree too with the posters suggesting more use is made of upstairs, there must be a fab view from there (haven't seen it as never ate in the restaurant part of Script) and it seems a shame not to make it more available i.e. to those just wanting a drink and/or a light bite rather than a full meal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Script no more

MegFi wrote: »
    I would love! - seafood chowder and home made brown bread, steak sambo, apple pie, rhubarb crumble, seafood platter - good Irish Food. Think you can't go wrong with simple Irish bar food like Monks in Ballyvaughan, Morans of the Weir if you know them!?...or the Wicklow Arms years ago if you knew of it!? Sorry - I like me food!! Good luck with it.

Attached is an idea of what food I'm thinking of, any comments ????????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I had a look through...all sounds lovely. Are you taking orders?

The bar food starters doesn't have a veggie option (except soup) - The missus always moans that she only has one item to choose from (I don't want to give her ammunition). The stuff peppers, salads and risottos sound nice...I would try them only that I would have my heart set on the 10oz Sirloin of Irish Beef with chunky chips!

I find being married to a Veggie that if you give them 3 options on the mains menu they'll be kept happy (or 2 options but neither can be a pasta dish!).

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

I hope everybody supports this persons business as much as they are posting on here.

Hope it works out. Best of luck.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, will add some to it

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

Re. the menu. it sounds lovely, love the fact that there's so much seafood on there, only fitting when we're beside the beach! I would just suggest tho' that maybe you could add a couple more lower priced main courses to the bar food. To be honest, if I'm paying in and around €20 for a main course, I'd prefer to go the whole hog :) and sit down in a restaurant rather than a pub meal.

Food sounds gorgeous tho', mouthwatering stuff!!!

Was thinking of Home made burger, Good pizza, Fresh scampy, bangers and mash, all from 12 to 14 ish euro. Will also have 3 daily specials, all fish. Hey you cant beat fresh fish

ian_m wrote: »
    I hope everybody supports this persons business as much as they are posting on here.

Hope it works out. Best of luck.

Thanks Ian I'm sure they will:D

I love the menu. I love seafood too

I genuinely can't wait until it reopens. You can guarantee D'other half and I will be there. A big feed and good walk will do the world of good ;) (if we order alcohol then well be falling home as dribbling messes....or getting a cab :D)

Good to hear, will have the keys on Tues / Wed so only 2 weeks or so of painting etc and will be open. Keep an eye for banner on the outside wall for opening date, will post here too.

Cool! I pass by the place most days and I lurk about these boards as well, so the annoucement of the official opening date would be brilliant!!!!!

Wishing every succes Anthony...or should I say Script No More ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

Good to hear, will have the keys on Tues / Wed so only 2 weeks or so of painting etc and will be open. Keep an eye for banner on the outside wall for opening date, will post here too.

Look forward to it and menu looks super! Actually the opening night could turn into the 'night out' we're always trying to organise :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Menu looks great, Will their be passion in the kitchen? (a la Ramsey) And a good bit cheaper than Ramseys new joint in Powerscourt too.

Looks like someones been travelling in the southern hemisphere?

mmmmmm, gambas...........:)

I think the head chef would like to think so but he really is too soft for it. Yea nice to have a bit of something different, the Whole Gambas are good, few other Asian bits to go on it too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

Must say I do like the look of that menu.

A lot of variation, just have to hope it doesn't end up being too much of a variation so that quality suffers, and there's something more or less for everyone...

Always nice with some good food while you're watching West Ham on the telly ;)

Really looking forward to the opening...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Menu looks great. Simple and reliant on use of fresh/good produce. If its anything like your other joint in Wicklow, the only problem will be getting a table. Great to see that you're doing this in Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

Attached is an idea of what food I'm thinking of, any comments ????????

I am watering at the mouth here reading your menu. I shall definately be popping in for that menu!!:D I also love the idea of a nice fire to snuggle near on the cold winter months always brings an atmosphere to a pub!
    Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 hon79

Wow, menu looks fantastic. My only other comment is to maybe say where the fish is from and if it is all caught locally, then mention it, cause this is a huge selling point, i think. The very best of luck with it. Can't wait for opening night now

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fiachra2

Joliegood wrote: »
    Bitz, the Woodlands Hotel, the Stables, Cabanas. Great venue, great times.

Excuse me. ANYONE who can remember anything about the Stables clearly wasn't there!

(Sorry to digress from the thread somewhat but couldnt let that one go)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭NewHome

hon79 wrote: »
    Wow, menu looks fantastic. My only other comment is to maybe say where the fish is from and if it is all caught locally, then mention it, cause this is a huge selling point, i think. The very best of luck with it. Can't wait for opening night now

I agree. That's the first thing I thought of when I read the menu. I would definitely choose locally caught over imported, so it would be really good to mention this in the menu. Really looking forward to trying it out - best of luck and I hope it a great success for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

As far as I know - and you know NewHome that I know nothing about fish ;-) - vast majority of "Irish caught" fish travels from West Coast to here anyway, or at least (very) South as far as PRC, there's very few (almost none) caught on this side of the country apart from a few Crabs here and there perhaps (Dalkey Crabs anyone?!) ... So the chances that anything is truly local is pretty slim.

Well done with the menu by the way, script-no-more, I'll give you more feedback on that when I'm less hungry :-)

Yea to be honest its very very hard to get local caught fish, here in The Bakery in wicklow I do get some from the harbour but most of it comes from Wexford, but it is caught off the east coast. I try keep all meat and veg from local suppliers and that is much easier. Thanks for all your support, keep the feed back on the menu coming....

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Emma A

really looking forward to the opening - great that its happening before Christmas loads of our friends have moved to charlesland same as us and we have been dying for somewhere nice good luck with it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 GreenEyes

You really don't ask for much !!!! There will be a no door staff, I've been in the trade long enough, TV just for sport and news, and I mean main sport not west ham -v- anybody, we have 4 steaks and 2 currys on the menu, both upstairs and down, late license, a bit of a revamp, main one will be aerly 08, dont want be closed over Christmas, cover and wind breakers for the somking area, the back area will not have a tv in sight, may well have a piano every night. Oh yea, name will be Woodlands Lodge, Restaurant and Lounge. Hope that covers everything ???????

Are you going to have more than one feed coming in so that you can show more than one game/sport at the same time, obviously with the sound up on the main game or are all the televisions going to show the one game? This can save alot of problems when the rugby clashes with the soccer, and not just the six nations.

Advertisement