Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Script

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Yes but The Bakery is a success. Just because people enjoy the odd glass of good wine/champers doesn't mean they are ''hooray Henries''. Rather that they can appreciate that they are being ripped off by pubs selling those 250ml bottles of catspiss and want an alternative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭SlinkyToo

Hammie - On what do you base the Bakery's success. Under current management less than a year and already for sale, at a knockdown price.

Not trying to start an argument as you are my bestest pal ever... just curious.

As my wife is in the Restaurant Business she investigated the Bakery as a possible new outlet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 homer1986

Eoin s I was looking for a contact number for the new script..to find out if they were looking for part-time chefs as i'm local to the pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

homer1986 wrote: »
    Eoin s I was looking for a contact number for the new script..to find out if they were looking for part-time chefs as i'm local to the pub
    Then you should have used the PM system to initiate direct contact.

Besides, he says in his post to drop in:
    tonyd123 wrote:
    Still looking for part time staff, drop in if your interested i'm there all day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 mcgiggy

Is it open yet???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Script no more

Hello all, opening this weekend, fri lunch at latest. Yes I sold the bakery only 16 months after buying it, but its only sold so I can run the Woodlands Lodge myself and not allow what happened last time it opened. Anyway from this weekend food and drink day and night, all welcome......................................

A bunch of us stopped by this evening hoping for a pint on our way home from the Wood AGM. Seemed a shame to have to go on to the village instead.

Oh well...

Best of luck with it. Not around this weekend, but you'll see me next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Hello all, opening this weekend, fri lunch at latest. Yes I sold the bakery only 16 months after buying it, but its only sold so I can run the Woodlands Lodge myself and not allow what happened last time it opened. Anyway from this weekend food and drink day and night, all welcome......................................

Do we get a Boards discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭drag0n79

SlinkyToo wrote: »
    It makes perfect sense to call it the Woodlands. This is after all where the Woodlands Hotel and Cabanas (showing my age now) resided before the ill advised demolition.

Cabanas! Oh God thanks for that blast from the past :c)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

drag0n79 wrote: »
    Cabanas! Oh God thanks for that blast from the past :c)

And the Baskerville sisters in the Woodlands, and the stables.....and to really show my age - BITZ!!!!!
    Anyone remember!!!???? :D;):eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fiachra2

one word.

Legendary!

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Went in for a pint on Sunday, not much changed really, lick of paint and i think the bar has been reshaped,

Service was excellent though, seemed the staff were making a real effort. Menu looks good aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

do they still have sexy cocktails??

I had the most amazing Pina Colada made their once... beautiful!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Joliegood

Went in the other night, sky news on behind the bar with no sound. Thought that was one of the things that was going to be cut out ? Just tv for big sporting occasions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Decks

anymore feed back on the new Script? Thinking of going for a pint there. Whats it like at the weekends? Busy? Loud? Good atmosphere?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Decks wrote: »
    anymore feed back on the new Script? Thinking of going for a pint there. Whats it like at the weekends? Busy? Loud? Good atmosphere?

Yeah...was going to bring visitors up for a bite and a drink this weekend...any word of it being good?!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 sparkle1

was up there last week. Redecorated inside alright but otherwise the layout is exactly the same. We enjoyed it though. My fiance had the steak sandwich and we were a bit shocked when it arrived between two slices of toast, otherwise the food was lovely. A bit silly putting an expensive bit of steak between 2 slices of bread!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Get with the times Homer. Thats what a true aussie steak sandwich is all about. Did it have beetroot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Johnc72

sparkle1 wrote: »
    A bit silly putting an expensive bit of steak between 2 slices of bread!!

Thought that was the whole idea of a steak sandwich
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 sparkle1

I have never had a steak sandwich between two slices of square toast before, no one i know has. always on some sort of ciabatta bread or crusty bun with garlic or something. Dont know where your going and eating that! any pub or restaurant serves it in a ciabatta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I've had it on toast before and actually prefer it that way. Sometimes the rolls are just too big!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

Me too....they used to serve steak sambo between toast that way in the Wicklow Arms years ago and it was amazing and so popular! in recent years, they chaged it to all these fancy breads! Was in Woodlands the other night - food excellent (and all agreed - group of 28), lovely atmosphere, great staff and service... and place tidied up with fresh paint and nice light fittings and candles instead of those pots that were on the windowsill upstairs before, nice paintings on wall, etc - much simpler more tasteful decor now than before. Place is also spotless! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Went up last Saturday night, literally 6 people already there. No music on, no atmosphere, was disappointed but apparently it's to be all changed in the New Year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Been up 3 times now, and been very dissappointed every time, place is to bright, no background music and absolutly no atmosphere.

1st time there was about 6 people there not including my group, we were told we were too loud, yet we were the only people buying large amounts of drink.

2nd time we went up myself and one of my mates were both told we were too drunk to be served... we hadn't had a drink that day!!!!!!

3rd time we went up to watch a footie match and were refused point blank, alright i say keep the nackers out, but telling everyone its a rugby bar only is only going to lose them business.

Improval points:
    If the tv's on, turn the sound on.
    Play some form of slightly upbeat backround music.
    Turn the dimmer switch down.
    Stop restricting clientele, especially when there is such a poor selection of good pubs in greystones, the only one that seems to be busy on the weekends is the beechhouse!

and don't tell people they're too drunk when they're sober and too loud when there's noone else in the place!

1 star!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

I popped my head in last Sunday afternoon. I was looking to have a quiet pint and a quick read of the paper. Lots of happy people there. But the bar was as bright as a stage. Food looked nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭royalflush2003

Ok ,guys and girls, what we need is a pub with good atmosphere and friendly smiley staff, good selection of drinks, good pub food,and most important is football on the big screen, and when no sport U must have some nice upbeat tunes like the IVORY in dalkey,or both ,,,,,this works....not all day music but at weekends ,when people are spending there hard earned cash we want what we pay for ,a good service, to relax and enjoy , too many restrictions and your buisness will fail , people go elsewere , so mr script please take note,as we will be your bread and butter here in greystones ,loosen the collar abit ,get the girls dancing on the bars(only joking), free shots ,liven it up and your profits will be on the up too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Well I have to say I enjoyed it the other week...had a bit of grub, very nice, couple of pints, my wife and I even brought the little one along...wasn't too loud, bright enough to see what you are eating! I recommend the cajun chicken sandwich! She enjoyed a choice of veggie options (She was impressed.)

On a negative note...there was a lot of blokes around the bar area...as in no women at all. When you walk it doesn't give a good impression cause its not a huge area.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

"...On a negative note...there was a lot of blokes around the bar area...as in no women at all. When you walk it doesn't give a good impression cause its not a huge area.[/QUOTE]

When was this ?!! what type of blokes ?!!! I'm on my way !!!!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ADK

Was there a couple of Tuesdays ago, my husband and I were the only people downstairs in the seating area, there were a couple of people sitting at the bar....and then they left. Despite this, we really enjoyed ourselves. The food was delicious, himself is still talking about the cajun chicken sandwich and the place was really cosy and christmassy and much improved now that the decor has been toned down. Will definitely be going back!

• Advertisement

Had lunch there yesterday.

Quite impressed. I was a little put off on reading the menu at the prices for lunch, but having had such a great meal, I daresay I won't think twice about it again.

Worth every penny.

I had the Thai red curry with Chicken. Wifey had the burger.

The curry was one of the best Thai curries I've ever had, and definitely the best I've had in or around Dublin. There was a perfect balance of ingredients and just the right amount of coconut. There was a nice hint of ginger in there too. The wild rice was cooked to perfection and added to the dish. Wifey's burger was decent too and the fact she didn't finish it was more down to the portion size than the quality. Freshly made by the looks of it and the chunky fries were nice too. Decent salad on the side of her plate looked tasty (salad isn't my thing) and she was quite happy with it.

As for the decor, isn't it incredible what a lick of paint will do for a place. It looks to me like it's all they did was strip the wallpaper and paint the walls, but the place looks all the better for it.

Someone posted earlier that it wasn't really a pub to go drinking in. I don't think it is either, but I doubt they're too worried about that. I get the impression that's not the market they're aiming for. I'm thinking more like the cafe/bar in the Wicklow Arms the way it used to be 5 or 6 years ago, when the food was good and you had to queue for tables.

Service was pretty good, young lad behind the bar was friendly and the older guy taking the food orders was very amiable also. Only quirk was that he didn't know what the risotto of the day was and when we asked he said it was Rice!

I'm looking forward to giving the restaurant upstairs a go soon, but we'll definitely be back.

Advertisement