Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Script

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

AnnH46 wrote: »
    SNIP

we're sending you a bill for this advertisement...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

post deleted. loyatemu, can you use the "report post" feature please

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WiCkLaMuLlA

MegFi wrote: »
    And the Baskerville sisters in the Woodlands, and the stables.....and to really show my age - BITZ!!!!!
    Anyone remember!!!???? :D;):eek:

LOL started goin to all the above mentioned places in 85' roight up till the place closed down in about 1992 i tink, did anyone go to the closing down party that Louis Doyle threw fer all the old regulars, cos i did ???? FFS at one time we used to go to Cabanas fri, sat and sun noights ! sun noight was gr8 as twas only £2 to get in but ya had to mingle with all the lunatics from Bray etc ! he he he i even got me first roide outa Cabanas one noight....a lovely gurl from Bray she was..... Up until a few years ago i used to see one of the Cabanas bouncers on the streets of Bray. mamaries huh !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

LOL started goin to all the above mentioned places in 85' roight up till the place closed down in about 1992 i tink, did anyone go to the closing down party that Louis Doyle threw fer all the old regulars, cos i did ???? FFS at one time we used to go to Cabanas fri, sat and sun noights ! sun noight was gr8 as twas only £2 to get in but ya had to mingle with all the lunatics from Bray etc ! he he he i even got me first roide outa Cabanas one noight....a lovely gurl from Bray she was..... Up until a few years ago i used to see one of the Cabanas bouncers on the streets of Bray. mamaries huh !
    Can we get that in English please?

no, shag off oura dat !!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

He is using a now mostly defunct dialect developed locally in the mid
    80s

;)
    Imhof Tank wrote: »
    He is using a now mostly defunct dialect developed locally in the mid
    80s

ferzackerly, we are in complete agrozzlement.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Does anyone remember the old Baskerville's posters ? We saved a good few of them and I still have one on the kitchen wall :)

Cabana's and Stables rocked. Was anyone there for the farewell gig when Phelim got "Papa Baskerville" aka Ronnie Drew up on stage for a few tunes. We were literally dancing on the tables. The Swinging Chickens were anothar class act down there :)

Happy times when Greystones was actually fun to go out in. I pity the kids now.

On script, I tend to stick to Dann's and the H&H in Delgany but we went down for a bite recently. The food was tasty but very overpriced. We could have gone to a restaraunt for the price we paid. Having said that, good luck to him, I hope he does well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 mcgiggy

So the new 80's night never materialised and the "Nightclub" is attrocious....ah well hopefully the next owners make it into a cinema or something...at least it will be darker and when the screens are on, the sound will be too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 BouncyCastleMan

Is it true that Woodlands lodge is up for sale again? Can't help but feel that the lack of business is due to the awful design. Must of let the first year architect students do that one ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Woah!! Talk about being negative!

Was there Tuesday night & the table quiz was on...was great craic and a good crowd there. Also there Monday night for a meeting, appreciated the quiteness. Haven't made it up for the club yet..maybe soon!

I think yes it's still lacking what Script had but not a place I'd avoid. Have had 2 delicious lunches there recently!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

Haven't made it up for the club yet..maybe soon!
    QUOTE]

Ah well you haven't been to the club yet. I think the food is lovely and it's a nice pub but the club is awful. The time I went there was about 10 people there, and I'd say most of them were barely 20. Nothing wrong with being barely 20, I just don't want to be chatted up by them! :rolleyes: Although I guess beggars can't be choosers!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

Called into the pub a few weeks ago but it was SO brightly lit we only stayed for one, could see every wrinkle on faces five tables away :) and guess they could say the same for me ;) - NOT a very cosy or romantic atmosphere. It's a pity as they seem like nice people running it and would like to support them. IMO taking the overhead lighting down a few hundred watts and putting nightlights/candles on tables would make a big difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 BouncyCastleMan

Its up on business for sale..

http://www.businessesforsale.ie/irish/Established-Pub-Nightclub-For-Sale.aspx

Its a shame because the food was amazing and the staff were good..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Its up on business for sale..

http://www.businessesforsale.ie/irish/Established-Pub-Nightclub-For-Sale.aspx

Its a shame because the food was amazing and the staff were good..
    Sad. Would have liked it to have worked for him.

Aww that's sad

My boyfriends parents were telling me last night, as they had just been up in Script for dinner, that they're doing the whole place up, making it more pub like with kinda booths and divides and stuff? That just makes me think of Coronation Street... I dunno if it's true but the staff told them..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Aww that's sad

My boyfriends parents were telling me last night, as they had just been up in Script for dinner, that they're doing the whole place up, making it more pub like with kinda booths and divides and stuff? That just makes me think of Coronation Street... I dunno if it's true but the staff told them..

You know if they're doing it up to sell, or its been sold already and new owners are making changes?

No idea....

why? you interested in buying!?! :P

I don't know much about the pub trade, but I can't see how one of the few (if not the only) late night bars in a large town can't be a success?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

All the pubs are seeing a drop in trade because people just can't afford to go out anymore. It's so expensive its ridiculous. The price of a pint compared to the price of a can in the off licence?? There have been thousands of pub closures over the past few years and I would say there will be many more in the near future.

• Advertisement

No idea....

why? you interested in buying!?! :P

I'd love to give it a go, but I have a full time company to run! Theres great potential for a late bar in Greystones but the layout of Script is all wrong. Its like using it as a pub/ restaurant was an afterthought. Was down there just before Christmas on recommendation of this forum and loved the food but the space just felt wrong.

foxy06 wrote: »
    All the pubs are seeing a drop in trade because people just can't afford to go out anymore. It's so expensive its ridiculous. The price of a pint compared to the price of a can in the off licence?? There have been thousands of pub closures over the past few years and I would say there will be many more in the near future.

People will still drink in pubs but will be more fussy as to where they spend their money. Take Bray for example, Porterhouse & Jims are dead at the weekends comapred to the Martello/Koo. Same with town, certain places are doing well but others are empty.

There are alot more factors than price that play in a pub/club doing well.

People will still drink in pubs but will be more fussy as to where they spend their money. Take Bray for example, Porterhouse & Jims are dead at the weekends comapred to the Martello/Koo. Same with town, certain places are doing well but others are empty.

There are alot more factors than price that play in a pub/club doing well.

True, but is there anywhere else in Greystones that has a late license?

eoin wrote: »
    True, but is there anywhere else in Greystones that has a late license?

The Theatre has as far as I know. They can only open late as long as there is a performance on.

Advertisement