Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Import car from Northern Ire - or Uk - quality difference?

Options
  • 28-08-2007 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭

While the range of cars in UK is greater it would be better not to have to get a ferry back. Northern Ire would be perfect.

In saying that - "generally" are UK cars better looked after etc?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Not necessarily. A couple of thoughts:

1/. They use salt on their roads during the winter so corrosion may be an issue.
    2/. Lots of clocked cars. Caveat emptor.
    3/. Spec. tends to be higher.
    4/. You can get a guarantee on mileage with HPI. You cannot on cartell or other Irish offerings.
    5/. Huge market over there. More choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭worded

Is HPI a company that checks cars?

Im thinking wider choice in the UK as well.

Are there more clocked cars in the north than UK?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

1/. www.hpicheck.com

2/. Much wider.

3/. No idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Is it just me or are UK/NI cars more shiny than the IRE versions?

Ive noticed this on lots of cars - or is it just that they polish them more than we do? I though maybe a different spec of paint could be used on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭worded

I went to one car lot and the cars were so dull and one had moss growing out of it.

I think we dont polish as much as we should - one person was saying yesterday they dont have time to clean it. The English - its part of their Sunday

• Advertisement
Advertisement