Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internet on 3 not ringfenced anymore?

• 28-08-2007 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Have I read this on another thread correctly? Is it true that I would just have to pay for an add on and I can access any webpage I want, use email, opera and other apps that access the network on Three?

If this is true I think I'll be jumping from vodafone, their new mobile internet service is appalling.

Can you view bills and usage on three's website now? I was with them previously and they had none of this. I remmebr their appaling customer service too, but I think I would stick it out for proper internet access.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

yes to the above. you can view your bills and usage on your phone. has been that way for some time now!

http://www.three.ie/priceplans/addons.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Jonnie_Onion

That's great, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

You can use all those apps, you can view usage on the phone but not online and you probably remember the scottish support. They've got a whole lot worse since moving to india

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Jonnie_Onion

No, I had the misfortune of dealing with their Indian call centre when trying to get my phone unlocked. I think its worth it though for what I'm looking for. I take it I have to buy a phone with them and I can't just get a sim card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

No, I had the misfortune of dealing with their Indian call centre when trying to get my phone unlocked. I think its worth it though for what I'm looking for. I take it I have to buy a phone with them and I can't just get a sim card?

No 3Pay SIM-only deals on 3 Ireland unfortunately!! Bugger.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

culabula wrote:
    No 3Pay SIM-only deals on 3 Ireland unfortunately!! Bugger.

Even on bill pay you have to get a phone... They don't sell sims under any circumstances although they do give them out for free when you buy a new phone on a bill pay plan, apparently you get a 3pay sim for your old phone then so you can still use it for something.

But still, that's no use for new customers. Also, according to their T&C's you have to use the handset that you bought from them so officially you're not even allowed to use your SIM card in any other phone. Though they are not known to block people when they do so anyway. Anyway there's another thread on that somewhere :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Even on bill pay you have to get a phone... They don't sell sims under any circumstances although they do give them out for free when you buy a new phone on a bill pay plan, apparently you get a 3pay sim for your old phone then so you can still use it for something.

But still, that's no use for new customers. Also, according to their T&C's you have to use the handset that you bought from them so officially you're not even allowed to use your SIM card in any other phone. Though they are not known to block people when they do so anyway. Anyway there's another thread on that somewhere :)
    I've never understood why they do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I've never understood why they do this.
    they do it because the main focus of their business is planet 3 and people with sim free phones sometimes can't use it properly.

And they can offer better stuff by tailoring it for phones they sell rather than just having generic versions that don't take advantage of features some phones have

not that i'm defending them. Its still a sh!t policy. They could just make the tailored versions and a generic one and not treat their customers like criminals for buying a non 3 phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 singularity

Is this true for both 3pay and pay monthly? No more proxy?

So, does this mean I can use a bluetooth phone as modem with 3 and a mobile broadband addon?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

they do it because the main focus of their business is planet 3 and people with sim free phones sometimes can't use it properly.

And they can offer better stuff by tailoring it for phones they sell rather than just having generic versions that don't take advantage of features some phones have

not that i'm defending them. Its still a sh!t policy. They could just make the tailored versions and a generic one and not treat their customers like criminals for buying a non 3 phone
    It makes sense now. Like you said though, it's a shít policy especially given the fact phones are subsidised so heavily.

• Advertisement

Is this true for both 3pay and pay monthly? No more proxy?

So, does this mean I can use a bluetooth phone as modem with 3 and a mobile broadband addon?
    A lot of existing customers aren't on the proxy and it seems that new customers aren't on it although I'm an existing customer and I'm still stuck on it. :(

Advertisement