Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lights on mk3 VW golf. Or lack of...Help

Options
  • 28-08-2007 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hey Lads
    I was here a couple weeks ago with an electrical problem that left me without lights on a mk3 93 golf. Well i got part of the problem sorted, all indicators, brake, reverse & driving lights are now working. The rear left circuit board has 3 connectors and the 9 pin one had one pin burnt down to dust so i replaced it and that part of the problem seems to be ok.

But my heads & dims are another issue, they dont work? i turn the switch and get driving lights that are very slow to come on but they do at least. All bulbs fuses have been tested and work, when i pull the head/dims/indicator stalk back i have full power but cant really drive like that:eek:

I've been reading about headlight switches but don't know where to find this and its not in the manual, unless of course its the actual light switch on the right of the dash?? I have read that golfs of this age in the UK had an issue with headlamp switches overheating, something to do with
    dim-dip requirements at the time?? She is a UK import. For what its worth i at this stage really don't think theres a problem with the stalf and wiring seems to be ok...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The headlight switch is a common part to fail on a MkIII (and others). I'd imagine this would be the next item to test.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

crosstownk wrote:
    The headlight switch is a common part to fail on a MkIII (and others). I'd imagine this would be the next item to test.

Ok...this is gona sound a little naive, sorry., but is this the actual headlight switch on the dash on the right of the steering wheel? the switch for turning on/off me lights? ...again..sorry:o

I've done a lot of work on her and find them straight forward to work on, if it is the on/off light switch, is it a job to get it out to have a look at?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

is this the actual headlight switch on the dash on the right of the steering wheel? the switch for turning on/off me lights? ...again..sorry:o

Yes. It's on the dash. The rotary switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

Kool...thanks for that. Gives me a starting point to work from now at least..
    Btw! Queen at the beeb and Queen 1 rule to this day:)

Advertisement