Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email Options on Phone

• 28-08-2007 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Looking for some advice - I have mobile + blackberry and want to get it all into one device.

Blackberry pearl is obvious solution (dont like the bigger blackberries) but someone told me a lot of new phones can effectively do same stuff. Main thing is to be able to look at word and excell attachments on emails.

I know the blackberry uses push technology but I've also been told that you can set up a lot of the other phones to check your mail every, say, 10 mins etc???

Anyone shed any light on this and maybe suggest devices???

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Any symbian phone can check for mail every 10 minutes or so. U can get an email prog called Profimail for S60 (Symbian phones) which is highly configurable and allows viewing of html apps. For read only viewing of excel and word attachments newer S60 phones have that capabilty also. On some, in ordeer to dit, you will need to upgrade from the read only version to an editable version for about €25. Phones in this category: Nokia N73. Nokia E65 (may have editing functions built in already) and N95.
    There are a myriad number of windows mobile based phones also which can do the job. Toshiba G500 is one example of many.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

There is a blackberry client for Symbian, it's bundled with the E50, but you can run it on most S60 phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

quintron wrote:
    Any symbian phone can check for mail every 10 minutes or so. U can get an email prog called Profimail for S60 (Symbian phones) which is highly configurable and allows viewing of html apps. For read only viewing of excel and word attachments newer S60 phones have that capabilty also. On some, in ordeer to dit, you will need to upgrade from the read only version to an editable version for about €25. Phones in this category: Nokia N73. Nokia E65 (may have editing functions built in already) and N95.
    There are a myriad number of windows mobile based phones also which can do the job. Toshiba G500 is one example of many.

Yes, the Nokia E-series can edit word/excel/powerpoint documents. I also don't use profimail anymore since the built-in email client in the latest Symbian S60 is actually pretty good! It even does imap idle now so it can stay connected to your mailbox the whole time and you get instant notification of new email. Another good feature is that you can see the latest 2 emails in your standby screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭flash harry

thanks all.....

any thoughts on xda IQ and similar??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭GUIGuy

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/08/27/nokia_e61i_motorola_q9h_headtohead/

Detailed review

As a related topic. Why on Earth would anyone want to run Blackberry software? AFAIK its just a front end for MS Exchange. So if Nokia have their own S60 client and Windows Mobile has native integration why would you bothergoing through another layer rather than direct?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Get yourself a HTC TyTN II

You know ya want it :D

It's on avaiable in 10 Days on Expansys Linky

Mik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭flash harry

went to a few shops yesterday re this and the following is clear

1)most of the people who work in these shops no very little about the products
    2)most of the people who work in these shops are twats/ignorant/plain rude
    3)O2 value new subscribers much higher than lfers with decent spend (that's me) as evidenced by new connection fee being a lot cheaper than upgrade fee
    4)Selection of phones is actually quite poor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nially

can anyone tell me how to turn off the led lifht at the back of my bb pearl .

sorry to jump in but i,m new and have yet to figure out how to start a thread.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭MI5

nially wrote: »
    can anyone tell me how to turn off the led lifht at the back of my bb pearl .

sorry to jump in but i,m new and have yet to figure out how to start a thread.....

Just throw the phone very forcefully against a brick wall. I find that method quite effective at turning off unwanted lights on phones :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

This thread is 2 years old.

@nially - click here to create a new thread.

@MI5 - stop posting nonsense.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement