Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuel burning stove clearance

Options
  • 28-08-2007 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I'm looking at installing a solid fuel-burning stove in the living room using the existing fireplace. At present there is an open fire and the stove will be wider than the existing grate. Does anyone know what distance I should leave between the back of the stove and the front of the fireplace?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

the minimum requirement distance from combustable material is 18 inches for a small stove . as for the masonry around the fireplace around 6 inches should be allowed at the sides and 12 inches above the stove to allow air to circulate around the stove. if you go on line and look at the specs and pdf files they will give you an idea of what would suit your size of room and your fireplace. i just bought one and im in the process of widening my fireplace to allow me to insert the stove into the space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

zalm wrote:
    I'm looking at installing a solid fuel-burning stove in the living room using the existing fireplace. At present there is an open fire and the stove will be wider than the existing grate. Does anyone know what distance I should leave between the back of the stove and the front of the fireplace?

as it is not clear what sort of set up u have u need to check the installation details because the answer, depending on the stove could be none.

put up the details of the stove/ where is the chiminey?

Advertisement