Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking for DIT

Options
  • 28-08-2007 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Have to head up to the big shmoke this evening to do a course in DIT. I'm not overly familiar with Dublin and I'm just wondering where would be a good place to park. Usually if I'm up around that area I head down to Kildare Street and there's a car park just in off the right hand side of it. The other option afaik is Stephen's Green Shopping Centre.

Anyway just thought I'd throw it up here and see if anyone has any recommendations. Thanks a mill

edited: Forgot to say its the Library on Aungier Street that I'm heading too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

There is sometimes onstreet parking on Keven street...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 codylocks

As a postgrad student in Aungier street, i can say that parking around the area is brutal!! however you could be lucky and get some street parking in Kevin street which runs alongside aungier street. be careful though of the times. clampers are rife in that area. but also you could try chancing your arm and going into the staff carpark which is around the side of the college. the porters say its staff only but in the evenings there shouldn't be any hassle. worth a try anyway!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Thanks guys I might take a look along Kevin Street and maybe even poke into the staff car park for a look ;) if anyone else has ideas keep em coming please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

I ended up overestimating the traffic in Dublin (rare isn't it!!!). That meant I was in town an hour early so I parked in Setanta and wandered around Grafton Street for a while. Thanks again lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭THEDONWALDO

yea, be careful of the clampers..they're a shower of tossers!! And if you are using on-street parking, dont leave anything (and i mean anything) on the front seat, I ahd a window smashed on the car to get a service kit for a car!

• Advertisement
Advertisement