Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sport with Plasma

Options
  • 28-08-2007 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hello,
    I have just purchased a Panasonic 42PV70.

Great picture quality on most things except sport.
    When the Camera pans its a very poor picture.

I am using Chorus Digital, not sure if this is a factor.

Any help would be appreciated

Doug

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

don99 wrote:
    Hello,
    I have just purchased a Panasonic 42PV70.

Great picture quality on most things except sport.
    When the Camera pans its a very poor picture.

I am using Chorus Digital, not sure if this is a factor.

Any help would be appreciated

Doug

To be honest, this would be better in the HE forum. The picture on your Plasma should be good enough for sport, afterall sport is generally the main reason people go for a plasma. When you say it is a poor picture quality, what do you mean exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Well the source won't be HD, the picture will be really compressed so it can be sent via Satellite, as football has lots of detail, the compression will suffer, and when panning the interlaced picture will need to be up converted to Progressive scanning, also not helping with picture quality.

Unless you are feeding the TV with HD, there's little/no point in having one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

Go to menu -> Picture and the last item of the list (PNR comb or something like that), switch it to off. It is for photo viewing to improve how skin looks, but for some reason is it not disabled by default and can result in the image displaying unusual characteristics.
    I hope that is the problem.

Advertisement